downloading Studio 2015 packages from ftp site
Thread poster: Sue Davis

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:52
Member (2015)
French to English
Jul 1, 2016

I have Trados Studio 2015. I am having a problem downloading Trados packages from a ftp site. I have been working with the agency in question for over a year, and they leave folders containing the Trados package and support materials on their ftp site. I usually download the folder as a whole by dragging it onto the desktop. A problem has arisen in the past week in that when I attempt to drag or copy the folder to the desktop or another location I receive a message that the process will take several hours (previously it has been several minutes). Of course the process then times out. The problem seems to be related specifically to the Trados package as I can download the other elements (eg powerpoint, pdf or Word files) individually without any difficulty. This problem has occurred only in the last week and occurs with very small documents (eg/ 200 words) so is not related to the document size. I would be grateful for any clarification as to the likely cause of the problem, if it is related to the software, and for advice on how to tackle it.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:52
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
downloading Studio 2015 packages from ftp site Jul 4, 2016

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately I have been unable to find an account or license under your name-
Could you please provide the last 6 digit order number so that I can verify the license version please- as this could have be many reasons you are having issues-
Wrong license version/incompatible version- corrupt link etc.
Could you also provide what OS you are running as well please.

Kr

SDL_Steve

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:52
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 10 Jul 4, 2016

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm working away from home this week so don't have all the information at hand. However my OS is Windows 10, and I think the relevant order number is 366295.
I bought Trados Studio 2015 last year, and had to download it again in Jan 2016 as I needed to replace my laptop. I can't quite work out why this problem is intermittent ie it doesn't happen every time.

Sue

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:52
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
2015 Packages from FTP server Jul 5, 2016

Hi Sue,

As you are saying this is intermittent I would be inclined to think this is either a firewall (port) and or antivirus issue or it could be an intermittent problem from your clients side.
Only recently a number of AV providers release a new patch which quarantined as a false negative an important file.
I think what would help is if you can document everything the next time it happens (screen shots) and then send them to me (along with the log files).
This should help get to the bottom of this once we can see the whole error.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

downloading Studio 2015 packages from ftp site

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search