Ivan Videnov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:08
Member (2015)
English to French
+ ...
Jul 2, 2016

Hi!

I hope someone would be able to help me with this. As you probably know, there's this wonderful feature in MS Word which allows you to select a text, press "Ctrl+D" and select "All caps."

I'm wondering, is there something similar in Trados 2015?

The reason why I'm asking is because I have a lot of terms and whole segments in my TM that are either in all caps or all lower case, and suddenly, the file I'm translating contains the exact same term or segment, but the other way around. As an example, the result is: source text is all caps, target should be a 100% match but is all lower case.

I'm working on a lot of similar projects, so this happens more than often, and honestly... it's frustrating to have to re-write everything. Of course, after a while, both are in the TM, but there are always new segments and terms with the same problem.

Anyway, do you know if this is something that can be done in Trados? If not, any tricks/suggestions?

Thanks to all of you!

Ivan

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
F3 Jul 2, 2016

F3 toggles caps. If it is studio, just paint the text and press F3; in Word, paint and Shift+F3

[Edited at 2016-07-02 02:55 GMT]

Ivan Videnov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:08
Member (2015)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 2, 2016

Thank you very much for your reply. It actually didn't work as F3 is my shortcut to search the TM, BUT your input made me think of something. I took a look at the shortcuts list and noticed there is one for caps (go figure why I didn't see it before...).

Basically, I just found out in my settings, it's also Shift+F3.

You may not realize this, but right now, your input is saving my life! haha thank you!

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Glad to have helped! Jul 3, 2016

It was the idea...

hafle
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:08
English to Czech
Thank you! Jul 13, 2016

I was struggling with the same problem, so thank you for help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All caps in Trados 2015

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search