SDL Trados Studio issue with IDML files (missing text)
Thread poster: KLarg
KLarg
KLarg
Argentina
Member (1970)
Jul 4, 2016

Hello People,

I'm here to ask if anyone know about an issue I'm experiencing with SDL Trados Studio at the moment of processing an IDML file.
The problem is that Trados Studio doesn't process the file well, since there are a lot of content missing, more than a half of the file.

The curious thing is that if you process the same IDML in Memsource that tool process the file in good shape, and if you convert the IDML to INX file and process the INX file in Trados Stud
... See more
Hello People,

I'm here to ask if anyone know about an issue I'm experiencing with SDL Trados Studio at the moment of processing an IDML file.
The problem is that Trados Studio doesn't process the file well, since there are a lot of content missing, more than a half of the file.

The curious thing is that if you process the same IDML in Memsource that tool process the file in good shape, and if you convert the IDML to INX file and process the INX file in Trados Studio it is processed well too. So the problem is the IDML filter in Trados Studio.

I've already changed all the filter settings and trying with all.

I'm using Trados Studio 2015 (I also tried in 2011, 2014) and the issue happens too.

Finally I tried to set the filter in that way (as shows below screenshot)

https://postimg.org/image/qw1f3zm2p/

But there is no way, I was NOT able to process the IDML without miss content.

If you know something about the issue that information would be useful for me.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Collapse

KLarg
KLarg
Argentina
Member (1970)
TOPIC STARTER
Solution for the issue! Jul 14, 2016

I would like to share with you the solution for this issue, I got the answer in other forum, and it was thanks to Eric Bishop . His answer below:

"I've seen this issue before when there are InDesign tracked changes (not to be confused with Studio Tracked Changes) that have not been accepted.
Note that you can turn off track changes in InDesign without accepting them.

There is a bug we raised with SDL a while ago on this but i do not know the status of it
... See more
I would like to share with you the solution for this issue, I got the answer in other forum, and it was thanks to Eric Bishop . His answer below:

"I've seen this issue before when there are InDesign tracked changes (not to be confused with Studio Tracked Changes) that have not been accepted.
Note that you can turn off track changes in InDesign without accepting them.

There is a bug we raised with SDL a while ago on this but i do not know the status of it.

You can determine if this is the case by unzipping the idml file (it's just a zipped folder) and looking in the xml stories, you'd see something that would be surrounding the text you are expecting to see that denotes that it is an insertion or deletion or something like that.

If it's not this, then i don't know what else it might be.

If it is that though, to resolve, the client needs to turn tracked changes back on in thier idml document, accept all changes in the document and then resend to you.

As an FYI, WorldServer FTS filters have this same problem as they are based on the same code as studio filters."

Hope this helps to someone.

Regards,

KLAR
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio issue with IDML files (missing text)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »