Why doesn't my SSL connection work for connection to a GroupShare project in Studio 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2016

I received the login details for a GroupShare project that I connect to through my Studio 2015, but in the final step when I click to open the project from GroupShare I get a red cross and it says "Failed to open server project." I had marked the checkbox for "The server requires a secure connection (SSL)" according to my PM's instructions.

Could it be that either my firewall or my Microsoft Security Essentials blocks access? But it worked to establish the connection, didn't get any error message after I had entered the SSL URL and my user credentials and chosen the GroupShare project. When I check server availability I get a green checkmark for the connection.

I think GroupShare uses MS SharePoint.

My computer is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Browser is Google Chrome but I have automatic opening of Internet Explorer set.

Port 443 is set to be used.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:45
French to German
+ ...
The problem may be your rights Jul 12, 2016

Fredrik

If you can connect to the GS server and get the green checkmark, this means that your connection worked fine (with SSL) and your credentials are OK.

The error that comes up when you try to open the project may indicate that your user has not been granted the rights to open projects or that one project.
I suggest that you check this with your PM. He can check what rights you have been assigned.

Can you open the TMs on the server?

BTW: GroupShare does not use MS SharePoint at all!

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why doesn't my SSL connection work for connection to a GroupShare project in Studio 2015?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search