Setting quotation marks in Trados Studio
Thread poster: NickyO
NickyO
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Jul 5, 2016

I use Trados Studio 2014. I am no expert but it does what I need it to do. Recently, I started working for a company called Yamagata who are very particular about which type of quotation marks are used in their files. Once you've translated the files, you have to use QAD to check them and the 'wrong' quotation marks are highlighted and have to be corrected before the file is sent back to the agency. They insist on the use of unicode quotation marks 201C (opening) and 201D (closing) in EN files so my question is: how can I set Trados Studio to use these quotation marks as standard so that I can avoid having to change them all within QAD once my files are completed?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:20
Studio 2014 does not have… Jul 5, 2016

…any way to set autoreplacement rules for quotation marks, this feature was introduced only in Studio 2015.

You can use Ilya Birman’s typography layout to type them into your texts manually using AltGr+< and AltGr+>.

NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 03:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
AutoHotkey… Jul 7, 2016

AutoHotkey can help you.

This post from Paul Filkin can give you an idea: https://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/10/10/those-dumb-smart-quotes/

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting quotation marks in Trados Studio

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search