Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:49
Member (2013)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2016

Hi everybody,

I have a deadline here in a couple of hours and the PM's office is closed for the day so I can't ask her.

I have a complex project that I just got back with the QA report and updated files. I am supposed to make
changes and update the new version of the files and TM - but I can't figure out how to do it. The project is not sent as a Package, but as Folders: da-DK, en-US, Packages, Reports, TM as well as a Trados Studio Project file.

I assume I am supposed to open the Studio file - but when I do, Trados just says that project has already been opened and added to the list of projects - and won't import the updated version of these files/TM.

What do I do? Do I delete the existing project or???

Sure hope someone can help!

Helle

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 05:49
French to German
+ ...
Copy the updated files into your project folder Jul 22, 2016

Helle

It seems that your client sent you the individual subfolders of the project. This is basically the same as what would be in the package, except that opening the package would automatically copy the updated files into your project folder.

In this case, you need to do this manually.

Simply copy the updated SDLXLIFF files from the target folder into the target folder of your project.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help now importing/updating QA'ed files to Studio 2014

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search