SDL Studio 2015: Error File Type Filter WordprocessingML v. 2
Thread poster: Nelson Yemeli
Nelson Yemeli
Nelson Yemeli  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
Jul 11, 2016

Hello all!
For a couple of weeks now, I have been having the error message below whenever I try opening an SDLxliff created by an agency I work with:
"The file was created using a file type definition that does not exist on your system (WordprocessingML v. 2). The following functionality will be restricted or unavailable: -Saving -Verification -QuickTags -Preview"
Ftrom what I know, the message appears when the SDL file that was created on SDL 2015 is opened on
... See more
Hello all!
For a couple of weeks now, I have been having the error message below whenever I try opening an SDLxliff created by an agency I work with:
"The file was created using a file type definition that does not exist on your system (WordprocessingML v. 2). The following functionality will be restricted or unavailable: -Saving -Verification -QuickTags -Preview"
Ftrom what I know, the message appears when the SDL file that was created on SDL 2015 is opened on a previous version. However, I run SDL 2015 and Microsoft office 2016, so I don't understand why I keep having this error message.
Thanks for your assistance.
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:45
French to German
+ ...
Check which file type is activated Jul 12, 2016

Nelson

The new Word file type "WordProcessingML v.2" was introduced with Studio 2015 SR2, so you need to have this version. If not, please update to the latest version.

Also check that the file type is activated by going to "File - Options - Filetypes". When you select the node level "Filetypes", you will see a list of all filetypes on the right hand side. Make sure that the file type "Microsoft Word 2007-2016" is (1) checked and (2) precedes the filetype "Microsoft Wo
... See more
Nelson

The new Word file type "WordProcessingML v.2" was introduced with Studio 2015 SR2, so you need to have this version. If not, please update to the latest version.

Also check that the file type is activated by going to "File - Options - Filetypes". When you select the node level "Filetypes", you will see a list of all filetypes on the right hand side. Make sure that the file type "Microsoft Word 2007-2016" is (1) checked and (2) precedes the filetype "Microsoft Word 2007-2013".
Studio uses the filetypes in their order of precedence when they are checked and does not use unchecked ones.
This is how you can control which filetype is used to convert your source files to SDLXLIFF.

Walter
Collapse

Liz Rundle
Liz Rundle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:45
French to English
SDL Trados 2015: problem with WordprocessingML v. 2 file type Jan 23, 2018

Hi there,

I've been working with Studio 2015 for a couple of years and run Microsoft Office 2010.

Just this week I've received a couple of packages from a client which upon opening the file for translation, the following note appears:

‘This file was created using a file type definition that does not exist on your system (WordprocessingML v. 2). The following functionality will be restricted or unavailable: -Saving -Verification -QuickTags –Preview’.... See more
Hi there,

I've been working with Studio 2015 for a couple of years and run Microsoft Office 2010.

Just this week I've received a couple of packages from a client which upon opening the file for translation, the following note appears:

‘This file was created using a file type definition that does not exist on your system (WordprocessingML v. 2). The following functionality will be restricted or unavailable: -Saving -Verification -QuickTags –Preview’.
I therefore can't save a clean file or use certain formatting functions.

I've looked under File > Options > File types and can see that WordprocessingML v. 2 is listed as a file type.
I’ve also checked that file type "MS Word 2007-2016 is ticked and precedes the file type MS Word 2007-2013" as suggested in this thread and this is fine.

Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this problem?

Many thanks!
Liz
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2015: Error File Type Filter WordprocessingML v. 2

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »