Quick Add New Term function - how does it work?
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:44
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 11, 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the Quick Add New Term function, but everytime I press the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F2, Studio 2015 opens the Termbase Viewer window and it takes a lot of time to close (and you have to close it manually). Is there a way to refrain this window to open? It would be really handy.

Thank you,

Heloisa

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:44
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Auto Hide? Jul 11, 2016

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa wrote:
Is there a way to refrain this window to open? It would be really handy.

I have had similar problems. What I do is select Auto Hide from the menu at the right of the Termbase Viewer window. Then, when I add a term it opens, adds the term and closes again.

However, note that if your mouse pointer is over the window when it opens, the window will stay open - that's what governs the Auto Hide function. So keep your pointer away.

With set up described above the window closes automatically in a second or so. Like you I would prefer that it did not open at all but I don't know if that is possible. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can enlighten us.

Dan

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:44
French to German
+ ...
The window is auto-hiding Jul 12, 2016

Hi Dan and Heloisa

You can't avoid having the window opening, but as it is set to auto-hide by default, it will - as Dan pointed out - retract as soon as you move your cursor out of it.

This is by purpose because it gives you the possibility to do a quick visual check on the result of the "Quick Add Term" process . If everything is OK, simply move your cursor out of the window and it will immediately close.

Walter

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:44
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Window auto-hiding Jul 12, 2016

Thank you sirs!

Indeed if you set the window to Auto-Hide it works fastly. I really like the Terminology Window to be open all the time, but I can live without it!icon_smile.gif

Again, thank you very much, you helped me a lot!

Have a wonderful day!

Heloisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quick Add New Term function - how does it work?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search