Where can I find XLIFF 1.1-1.2 v 1.0.0.0 file type?
Thread poster: Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 13:15
English to Chinese
Jul 14, 2016

Dear Studio 2015 experts,

Does anyone know where to get the xliff v1.0.0.0 file type? Studio 2015 uses v2.0.0.0 for Xliff files. Although I was able to import the Xliff files created by the client using v1.0.0.0 to Studio 2015, I can't convert the sdlxliff files back to their native xliff format. The error message indicates that the problem is caused by version differences, so I figure if import the old v1.0.0.0 for xliff file type to Studio2015, that may solve the problem.
... See more
Dear Studio 2015 experts,

Does anyone know where to get the xliff v1.0.0.0 file type? Studio 2015 uses v2.0.0.0 for Xliff files. Although I was able to import the Xliff files created by the client using v1.0.0.0 to Studio 2015, I can't convert the sdlxliff files back to their native xliff format. The error message indicates that the problem is caused by version differences, so I figure if import the old v1.0.0.0 for xliff file type to Studio2015, that may solve the problem.

If you have the info on where to download xliff v1.0.0.0 or know other ways to solve this problem, I will be very grateful!

Thank you.

Chunyi
Collapse

Dmitry Pakidov
Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:15
I’m not sure… Jul 14, 2016

…at what point exactly did they upgrade the file type to v 2.0.0.0, but the latest version of Studio 2011 still has the old, v 1.0.0.0, file type.

If you never had a Studio 2011 license or no longer have it due to upgrading to Studio 2015, you can download and install Studio 2011 (possibly on an alternative PC or a virtual machine), activate the trial period and perform the conversion to native format there.

The
... See more
…at what point exactly did they upgrade the file type to v 2.0.0.0, but the latest version of Studio 2011 still has the old, v 1.0.0.0, file type.

If you never had a Studio 2011 license or no longer have it due to upgrading to Studio 2015, you can download and install Studio 2011 (possibly on an alternative PC or a virtual machine), activate the trial period and perform the conversion to native format there.

The installer can be found here.
Collapse

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
SDL community Jul 14, 2016

Hi Chunyi,

I was just about to reply to you and suggest you join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/
When I noticed that Paul had just done so in the professional SDL translators community.

I would also like to advise that ONLY the current (2015) versions are available through our website.
Anyone downloading our software can be assured of a safe download when inst
... See more
Hi Chunyi,

I was just about to reply to you and suggest you join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/
When I noticed that Paul had just done so in the professional SDL translators community.

I would also like to advise that ONLY the current (2015) versions are available through our website.
Anyone downloading our software can be assured of a safe download when installing from authorised sites.
Should any one have any questions- please approach us directly.

Kr

SDL_Roman
Collapse

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
tried earlier but didn't work either Jul 14, 2016

Hi Dmitry,

I actually asked my colleague who worked together with me on this project to generate target files in her Studio 2011, but it did not work and the message she received is "Sequence contains no elements."

Chunyi

Dmitry Pakidov wrote:

The installer can be found here.

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved thanks to help from SDL Community Jul 14, 2016

Hi Roman,

I am an active user of the SDL Community and posted a question yesterday in the Community. Since the deadline was approaching, so I later posted the question here on ProZ hoping to get this resolved soon.
Anyway, Paul was very kind in giving multiple suggestions in the Community forum and with his input, I was able to figure out the reason that caused the problem. The problem is solved, and I am happily working on my next project in Studio.
SDL Community is
... See more
Hi Roman,

I am an active user of the SDL Community and posted a question yesterday in the Community. Since the deadline was approaching, so I later posted the question here on ProZ hoping to get this resolved soon.
Anyway, Paul was very kind in giving multiple suggestions in the Community forum and with his input, I was able to figure out the reason that caused the problem. The problem is solved, and I am happily working on my next project in Studio.
SDL Community is a great resource for Studio users:)

Chunyi

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Chunyi,

Anyone downloading our software can be assured of a safe download when installing from authorised sites.
Should any one have any questions- please approach us directly.

Kr

SDL_Roman
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find XLIFF 1.1-1.2 v 1.0.0.0 file type?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »