https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/304442-cant_find_trados_2007_desktop_icon.html

Can't find Trados 2007 Desktop icon
Thread poster: Johnnie_123
Johnnie_123
Johnnie_123
Canada
French to English
Jul 14, 2016

As funny as it may sound, I successfully downloaded and installed SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance from the Downloads section of my SDL account, but there is no sign of Trados or Workbench anywhere on my Desktop or in the startup menu... Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way to get Workbench started?... Thank you.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:14
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Which version of Windows do you have? Jul 14, 2016

At least in Windows 10 new programs do not automatically have a shortcut on the desktop. Instead you would have to go to the Start button and look for All apps. You can, of course, create a shortcut if you like, if you are more comfortable with it. You could also search for it in Windows Explorer

[Edited at 2016-07-14 19:37 GMT]

Johnnie_123
Johnnie_123
Canada
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Using Windows 7 Jul 14, 2016

Thank you Roy. Most appreciated. I am using Windows 7. I found Workbench in Windows Explorer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't find Trados 2007 Desktop icon

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »