Sara Tirabassi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:01
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Trados Studio 2014 updated at SP2. I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 that never had problems running TS2014.

Yesterday, when I shut down my computer, Windows 10 updated. This morning I opened Multiterm and Trados Studio, then I created a new termbase and shut down the Multiterm window in order to start working on my project with Trados. But the Trados window was identical to the Multiterm one, like a Multiterm window with the Studio icon. I have no idea of what could have happened. I shut down the program, restarted the computer and I tried once again to open Studio. The small blue pop-up opened giving me messages about the program starting, as usual, then the program apparently opened without any error but I could not see the window. I only saw the icon on the app bar. If I hover with the mouse cursor on the icon I can see the miniature Studio window as if it were correctly opened except for the fact that the window visualized is not the 'Welcome' view, and has some black areas. Here it is:z3ass7p9pipkma7xyr6w.png
When I click on it no window appears. The task manager says the program is running.

I tried opening a .sdxliff file to open Studio, but the same thing happened.

I honestly don't know what to do, and I can't find other people online who had the same problem and solved it. I just posted on the SDL Community Forum too but nobody replied yet.

I hope someone can spare some time to help me, I would be grateful.

Thank you,

Sara

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Bring to front Jul 15, 2016

If your computer thinks Studio is open, maybe it is. Hover your mouse over the icon, move the mouse over the 1/2 picture of Studio and right click it. Now click on Maximise or Restore.
Let us know if it works!

Sara Tirabassi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Thanks Emma! Jul 16, 2016

Hi Emma,

I fixed the problem thanks to you!
When I followed your tip I noticed that all the commands in the right-click menu were disabled (light grey and not clickable) with the exception of 'minimize'. So I minimized, and the other command became clickable. I maximized and the problem was fixed.

This never happened to me before and I was not aware I could right click on the miniature: I usually only left-click on the icon or the miniature, and this brings the window to the front.

Thank you for helping me and introducing me to this feature!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 doesn't open correctly

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search