Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:42
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2016

Today, I am unable to create a return package. The option is greyed out.

The only possible reason I could find is that for some reason, one of the four files is listed as IN REVIEW.

This file is complete, but I can't find any way to get it out of "IN REVIEW" status.

I don't know if this is the reason why the Create Return Package option is not available.

It's very frustrating to spend hours using this tool (see my other post regarding the inability to create a word doc from Trados) only to not be able to create the file the client needs (the very purpose of the translation). http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/304454-cannot_save_target_error_occured_while_writing_bookmarks.html

[Edited at 2016-07-15 19:26 GMT]

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:42
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Complete review" Jul 17, 2016

After reviewing and upon closing the file that says "in review," did you get the message asking if you want to accept/confirm (something like that) the rest of the segments? When I review, I just make corrections and suggested changes, not Control-entering the segments that are ok. At the end, when I close the file, it always asks if I want to accept the rest of them (I don't remember the exact question). I have never checked the box so that this question won't show up again, because it's a reminder.

Maybe that is the reason?

United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think "IN REVIEW" is the problem... Jul 17, 2016

... because it will let me create a return package for just that one file, but not all four files.

United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 17, 2016

I was finally able to create a package after clicking on each file individually (while holding down the CTRL key) and then right-clicking - the Create Package option was active.

I could swear I tried this before and it didn't work...

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Which view were you in? Jul 18, 2016

If you were in the Files view, you would need to choose which file(s) you want to include in the package.

But if you want to include all the files in the project, you can go to the Project list, have that project selected, and create a package of the whole project (whether it is only one document or several).

Does this help?

United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Jul 18, 2016

Thanks,

MollyRose wrote:

But if you want to include all the files in the project, you can go to the Project list, have that project selected, and create a package of the whole project (whether it is only one document or several).

That's the way I usually do it, but for some reason, the CREATE PACKAGE option was greyed out (not active) and I could only create a package by selecting all the files.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh! Jul 19, 2016

I couldn't tell that's what you did from the original post. But it's good to know, if any of us ever has that problem from the project list, to choose the individual files like you did. I'm glad you found a way around it!

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have another idea Jul 19, 2016

I actually experienced something similar today. I was in the Project list view and Create a Package was dim. But then I noticed that the project in bold wasn't the project I was wanting for a package. I had been working on 2 projects at a time and the one in bold type was not the one I was wanting for creating a package. It was a project that I had marked as Complete (and therefore dimmed since you can't do anything with a completed file unless you revert it to In Progress). So I just had to click on the project I wanted, and voilà¡

Could this have been your situation?

United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is a possiblity because Jul 19, 2016

I was working on another project (with two other Trados issues that I managed to solve).

MollyRose wrote:

I actually experienced something similar today. I was in the Project list view and Create a Package was dim. But then I noticed that the project in bold wasn't the project I was wanting for a package. I had been working on 2 projects at a time and the one in bold type was not the one I was wanting for creating a package. It was a project that I had marked as Complete (and therefore dimmed since you can't do anything with a completed file unless you revert it to In Progress). So I just had to click on the project I wanted, and voilà¡

Could this have been your situation?

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:42
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Where is the problem? Jul 19, 2016

LegalTransform wrote:

Today, I am unable to create a return package. The option is greyed out.

Why do you call this a "Trados error"?

My experience is, that in many cases the problem sits in front of the PC. I attended various on- and off-line training events for Studio and I can't confirm 95% of the so called "Trados errors" that are reported here. My advice is to spend some time and maybe even money to get some training before using complex machinery or software programs such as Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yet another Trados error - unable to create return package

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search