… Jesús Prieto …

Mokhtar Nabaleh
Mokhtar Nabaleh
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Delete any table of contents in your source file Jun 8, 2018

Hello,
As stated in the title of the reply, for a reason, the table of contents in the first page of the source file, that's linked to the rest of pages, caused the problems. Once deleted, your problem will be completely solved.

Inga Jokubauske
Inga Jokubauske  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
Member (2011)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
The link does not work Jun 18, 2018

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem, so it would be great to find out the solution. The link you posted doesn't work. Do you remember what you've done to fix the problem?

For now I am manually deleting the table of contents, translating the file, then manually pasting and updating the table of contents in the target document. This is not ideal, as my project contains 29 files and it is very time consuming. Thanks.

Daniel Bouchard wrote:

A colleague of mine resolved the issue. To anyone interested, she proceeded in the following way (see SDL KB#4802):
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4802.html

A millions thanks for all your help everyone!

Daniel Bouchard
Daniel Bouchard
Local time: 07:25
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Simple fix IIRC Jun 19, 2018

It's been a while ago, but if I remember correctly, the fix was quite simple: open the original file, put the cursor at the very end of the file (not after the last word but at the very end of where the cursor can go), then back delete until you are right next to the final character. In my case, the problem was a "return" function activated at the very end of the file that caused the issue. Once you are done, save this "new" original file, open it with SDL go get your matching translation and, w... See more
It's been a while ago, but if I remember correctly, the fix was quite simple: open the original file, put the cursor at the very end of the file (not after the last word but at the very end of where the cursor can go), then back delete until you are right next to the final character. In my case, the problem was a "return" function activated at the very end of the file that caused the issue. Once you are done, save this "new" original file, open it with SDL go get your matching translation and, with luck on your side, your target text will open. Let me know!Collapse

Ulrich Schramm
Ulrich Schramm
Italy
Local time: 12:25
Italian to German
+ ...
My solution --> DOC not DOCX Jan 31, 2019

Twice I could resolve this problem by working with the DOC format of Word instead of the DOCX format.
For info, my second file had 155 pages.
Good luck !!!

Ulrich Schramm
Ulrich Schramm
Italy
Local time: 12:25
Italian to German
+ ...
This error also occurs again with SDL 2019. Oct 10, 2019

Remedy: Simple trick that always works for me.
Save the Word.docx file in Word as a Word.doc file. Work with the Word.doc file in SDL 2019. After the reverse conversion (SDL 2019->Word) Word can open the file without problems.

Hieu Tran

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word doc generated with SDL won't open

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »