Christina Baier  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:27
Member (2014)
French to German
+ ...
Jul 18, 2016

Hi!

The highly appreciated glossary converter suddenly does not work anymore. The plug-in icon in Trados has disappeared, when I click on the icon on the desktop, I get an error message.

I tried to re-install, but get the same result.

Thank you for any ideas that could help!

Direct link Reply with quote

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Converter Jul 18, 2016

Christina Baier wrote:

Hi!

The highly appreciated glossary converter suddenly does not work anymore. The plug-in icon in Trados has disappeared, when I click on the icon on the desktop, I get an error message.

This is not the converter to convert a MultiTerm termbase to Excel, is it?

If it is, you can run it stand alone (separately from Studio).

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
And what does the error message say? Jul 21, 2016

Christina Baier wrote:

Hi!

Christina

In order to help you, it would be helpful if you provided some more information, for example the wording of the error message you mention.

And, as "CafeTran training" pointed out, it is a stand-alone application and not a plug-in, which means you can launch it from the Windows' START menu.

Walter

Christina Baier  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2014)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Multi Term Glossary Converter funktioniert nicht mehr Jul 21, 2016

Hi Walter,

this is the error message I get (just saying that it does not work any more) when I try to use it from the start menu on my computer. It also says "More information about this problem is being collected, this can take a few minutes" but I don't get more information ...

I tried to export the files directly from Mulit term into other formats and it worked, so I do not really need the glossary converter immediately.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary converter does not work anymore

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search