Studio 2015: ampersand character being changed despite settings
Thread poster: PapagenoX

PapagenoX
Local time: 02:53
Jul 21, 2016

Hi there,

Here's a description of the problem: I'm working with SGML documents, and have the entities section of the appropriate file types set so that the ampersand character (&) isn't converted to the "amp" entity when "saving target as...". I've checked both in the settings for the current project and the general file type settings for Studio 2015.

And yet, when an ampersand character (created with the keyboard key) appears in my bilingual document, and I save the target SGML file and check it thereafter, BAM, there it is, converted into an "amp" SGML entity.

This has to be a bug, right? As I've mentioned, I've checked both in the current project settings and in the general, and told Studio not to do that.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: ampersand character being changed despite settings

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search