https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/304715-studio_2015_ampersand_character_being_changed_despite_settings.html

Studio 2015: ampersand character being changed despite settings
Thread poster: PapagenoX
PapagenoX
PapagenoX
Local time: 01:20
Jul 21, 2016

Hi there,

Here's a description of the problem: I'm working with SGML documents, and have the entities section of the appropriate file types set so that the ampersand character (&) isn't converted to the "amp" entity when "saving target as...". I've checked both in the settings for the current project and the general file type settings for Studio 2015.

And yet, when an ampersand character (created with the keyboard key) appears in my bilingual document, and I save the
... See more
Hi there,

Here's a description of the problem: I'm working with SGML documents, and have the entities section of the appropriate file types set so that the ampersand character (&) isn't converted to the "amp" entity when "saving target as...". I've checked both in the settings for the current project and the general file type settings for Studio 2015.

And yet, when an ampersand character (created with the keyboard key) appears in my bilingual document, and I save the target SGML file and check it thereafter, BAM, there it is, converted into an "amp" SGML entity.

This has to be a bug, right? As I've mentioned, I've checked both in the current project settings and in the general, and told Studio not to do that.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: ampersand character being changed despite settings

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »