Studio 15 & Windows 10 Problems
Thread poster: Laura Frazer

Laura Frazer
United States
Local time: 22:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2016

I just installed Studio 15 in a new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10. Everything worked fine in the old PC with Windows 7, now Studio 15 is wobbly at best (it will only work in full screen mode, meaning I can't have another application open on my screen, side by side with Studio 15.)

Next problem, I am trying to change project settings to no avail, the taskbar shows a second Studio screen (Project Settings), but switching to that screen not only shows the same project screen (not the settings screen) but makes it unresponsive to any mouse clicks. I can't even close it unless I do it directly on Windows taskbar.

I am beginning to think that I wasted $165 on an upgrade that requires ancient versions of Windows to work properly.

Any ideas?

chatterjee88
India
Local time: 11:16
Member (2015)
English to Bengali
Trados issue Jul 22, 2016

Hi,

Please post a screenshot.

Thanks

RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:46
German to English
Check your screen view settings? Jul 22, 2016

My understanding is that Studio 15 works just fine with Win10, and I rather suspect that this is a hardware-related issue I'm familiar with from my own notebook (ThinkPad), even though I'm using Win7 rather than Win10. Sometimes, if I've been using full-size screens connected to my docking station and then remove the notebook, I forget to change the screen settings to a single screen (normally F7), so the computer is still "projecting" things like settings windows, find and replace windows, etc. to a second (but non-existent) screen. Just like you, I can see these miniature windows in the taskbar, but I can't actually open them.

So I suggest you try playing around with your Windows screen settings and see what happens.

Robin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 15 & Windows 10 Problems

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search