Studio 2015: Spaces around tags are counted as double space? Plus a file path question
Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:50
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2016

Is there any way to stop Studio from marking spaces on both side of tags as double spaces (and thus creating a warning in the QA)? When there are a lot of these tags it gets near impossible to check for real double spaces because of all the false positives.

While I'm at it, is there a way to either browse to the location of an open file in Explorer directly from Studio, or to copy the file name and path (which you can already see when you hover over the file "tag" at the the top of
... See more
Is there any way to stop Studio from marking spaces on both side of tags as double spaces (and thus creating a warning in the QA)? When there are a lot of these tags it gets near impossible to check for real double spaces because of all the false positives.

While I'm at it, is there a way to either browse to the location of an open file in Explorer directly from Studio, or to copy the file name and path (which you can already see when you hover over the file "tag" at the the top of the file)?
I sometimes have a job with hundreds of files with have a long file path that varies with each file. In these cases it would be very handy to copy the file path directly to be pasted in a list of queries for the client, for instance. At the moment I have to check the path in Studio and then browse to the file manually.
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:50
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Why a false positive? Jul 22, 2016

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your problem, but why should that count as a false positive? The tag won't show in the target text, so this actually should count as a double space...

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:50
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tags that represent icons/text Jul 22, 2016

Ah, my mistake, I didn't explain properly. There are certain tags that actually represent icons or text that do appear in the final translation, and it's with these tags in particular that the warning seems to appear. These tags look different from formatting tags in that they are rectangular, not "pointy" like closing and opening formatting tags.

[Edited at 2016-07-22 08:45 GMT]

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:50
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
No idea Jul 22, 2016

I see, that makes sense, of course. No idea how to switch that off, sorry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Spaces around tags are counted as double space? Plus a file path question

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »