Is there an alternative to "align" Word files outside Studio 2015 to insert them in a TM?
Thread poster: Laetitia Chemin

Laetitia Chemin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:44
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jul 26, 2016

Dear all,

I am also struggling to align a pair of files in order to build a TM for further translations purposes.
The Align tool is very slow, some functions such as "connect" are greyed-out and I basically can't carry on like this.

I have to "align" those documents in order to create a TM which a client needs.

Now, is there a way to insert the content of source and target documents in a TM, without the need to align them first in SDL Studio? That would be great!

Thank you very much for your precious input!

Direct link Reply with quote

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 06:44
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Manually make TM Jul 27, 2016

I know you can manually do it in .dox file and then update TM in Trados 2007 workbench. But it's also troublesome.

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
YouAlign.com Jul 27, 2016

laetitia Chemin wrote:

Dear all,

I am also struggling to align a pair of files in order to build a TM for further translations purposes.
The Align tool is very slow, some functions such as "connect" are greyed-out and I basically can't carry on like this.

I have to "align" those documents in order to create a TM which a client needs.

Now, is there a way to insert the content of source and target documents in a TM, without the need to align them first in SDL Studio? That would be great!

Thank you very much for your precious input!

YouAlign.com
LF Aligner -> see catguru YouTube screencast on this one

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
LF Aligner Jul 27, 2016

A brilliant tool, especially if formatting isn't important. Freeware available from multiple sources, e.g. https://sourceforge.net/p/aligner/wiki/Home/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an alternative to "align" Word files outside Studio 2015 to insert them in a TM?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search