How will unconfirmed segments in Studio (2014) appear in the generated target translation?
Thread poster: Rebeca Martín Lorenzo
Rebeca Martín Lorenzo
Rebeca Martín Lorenzo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 29, 2016

Dear colleages,

I am translating a very large PPT in Studio 2014. I am editing a lot of figures in the right column but not confirming such segments (Ctrl+Enter) because, among other reasons, if do so, the program considers them fuzzies/100% matches/repetitions, asks me if I want to apply my translation in the following segments and then "propagates" such figures in a different format I do not want.

My question is, once I generate the target translation, will such figur
... See more
Dear colleages,

I am translating a very large PPT in Studio 2014. I am editing a lot of figures in the right column but not confirming such segments (Ctrl+Enter) because, among other reasons, if do so, the program considers them fuzzies/100% matches/repetitions, asks me if I want to apply my translation in the following segments and then "propagates" such figures in a different format I do not want.

My question is, once I generate the target translation, will such figures in unconfirmed segments appear as edited by me (in the right column of Editor) or as they were in the source (in the left column of Editor)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!

Rebeca
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The target document will contain what is in the target segment Jul 29, 2016

Rebeca

The status of the segment doesn't have any influence on what will be in the target document. It will contain exactly what you see in the target column of your Editor, whether you confirmed the segment or not. Confirming a segment writes this segment as a TU into your TM, if you don't confirm, it will not be in the TM, but still appear in your target document.

Please also note that if a target segment is empty, the target document will contain what is in the sourc
... See more
Rebeca

The status of the segment doesn't have any influence on what will be in the target document. It will contain exactly what you see in the target column of your Editor, whether you confirmed the segment or not. Confirming a segment writes this segment as a TU into your TM, if you don't confirm, it will not be in the TM, but still appear in your target document.

Please also note that if a target segment is empty, the target document will contain what is in the source segment.

Walter
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Empty segments Jul 30, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

Please also note that if a target segment is empty, the target document will contain what is in the source segment.

... unless you confirm the empty segment, in which case the segment will be empty in the target document as well.

Rebeca Martín Lorenzo
Rebeca Martín Lorenzo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 31, 2016

Thank you so much, Walter, for your clear explanation. And thank you Erik for your remark too.

Have a nice Sunday!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
No need ... Jul 31, 2016

... to wonder about it, Rebeca. You can export the job to PowerPoint whenever you want and take a look at the file produced. I don't have Studio 2014, only 2011, but I imagine it's the same principle.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How will unconfirmed segments in Studio (2014) appear in the generated target translation?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »