T-Window f. Powerpoint error: Can't find Trados
Thread poster: Jeff Clingenpeel

Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:21
German to English
Mar 16, 2005

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Trados 6.5 (from 5.5) and have recently purchased PowerPoint 2003. Whenever I have tried to use the T-
Window for PowerPoint, I get the error message "Unable to find TRADOS Translator's Workbench", even though Trados is certainly open. I'm wondering if the T-window is somehow looking for Trados 5.5 instead of 6.5, but I don't know how to confirm/change that.

I'll be really grateful for any ideas anyone can give me.

Thanks very much!

Best,
Jeff Clingenpeel

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:21
English to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor Mar 16, 2005

Hi Jeff,
Unless there's a specific reason why you would need to use T-Window, use TagEditor instead; the handling is superior. Just bear in mind that the initial file conversion (when opening a PPT file in TagEditor) usually takes several minutes.

HTH, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Window f. Powerpoint error: Can't find Trados

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search