knutnormann
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:18
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Aug 1, 2016

Hi!
I hope this is the right forum for this question:
I saw the group discount on SDL Trados here, but it's already full and there's a waiting list. If I join the waiting list, how big chance is it I will get it at the discounted price and is it binding if I sign up (in case I find it somewhere else in the meantime)? How often are there discounts like this?

Direct link Reply with quote

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Member (2015)
TGB Group Buy Aug 2, 2016

Hi Knutnormann,

When SDL offer a TGB, this is restricted to a certain number of participants (50/75/100 etc.) which is then released once this number has been reached.
Once SDL open the TGB for purchase , you will be sent a reminder to complete the purchase ASAP- if the deadline is missed you may sign up for the next TGB.

Signing up for the TGB does imply that you will honour your decision to purchase the license in fairness to other translators that have agreed the same.
The ProZ.com TGB offers generally the best price for GROUP BUYS.
ProZ.com do reserve the right to charge a €25 administration fee if the purchase is NOT completed.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

knutnormann
United Kingdom
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Waiting list Aug 2, 2016

Thank you.
So now that I am on the waiting list, what will happen next? I will get a notice if there is a space this time or next, but I am not bound by anything? I am thinking about buying it elsewhere if I don't get it this time.

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:18
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Stay Aug 3, 2016

I monitored the TGB for quite a while before registering. In my experience, you will become integrated into this group once the waiting list has reached a certain "safety" level. I don't think you'll find it cheaper someplace else.
HTH,
Sandra

[Edited at 2016-08-03 06:58 GMT]

knutnormann
United Kingdom
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 8, 2016

Thanks Sandra&Kenneth. I just wonder if I am obliged to buy it as I entered the waiting list? Otherwise I will buy it somewhere else this week. Should I wait and see for a while to make sure I don't have to buy it twice? It's a bit difficult to understand.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados group purchase

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search