Problem with the old Trados 7
Thread poster: isa_g
isa_g
isa_g
Local time: 02:26
German to Spanish
Aug 2, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I have a customer who continues using Tag Editor and Trados 7 for one concrete project. The thing is, I have installed it again in my laptop, since it is a long time ago I don't use it, and I have following problem with it: when I try to create a new translation memory, the only available languages are arabic, among others not European languages, despite I have choose German, English, Spanish and Frech during the installation of Trados.
Could someone help me t
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have a customer who continues using Tag Editor and Trados 7 for one concrete project. The thing is, I have installed it again in my laptop, since it is a long time ago I don't use it, and I have following problem with it: when I try to create a new translation memory, the only available languages are arabic, among others not European languages, despite I have choose German, English, Spanish and Frech during the installation of Trados.
Could someone help me to find out a solution for this difficulty?

Thank you very much

Isabel
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:26
English to Arabic
Problem with the old Trados 7 Aug 3, 2016

Hi Isabel,

Unfortunately you have not given me much data to go on.
I am therefore assuming that your client prefers to use an older legacy version rather than upgrade to a modern supported version.
Also as I don't have your account details so are unable to verify your license version (please provide the last 6 digit order number so that I can give you a definitive answer).
However (generally) as the issue is language based, you will need to deactivate the existing
... See more
Hi Isabel,

Unfortunately you have not given me much data to go on.
I am therefore assuming that your client prefers to use an older legacy version rather than upgrade to a modern supported version.
Also as I don't have your account details so are unable to verify your license version (please provide the last 6 digit order number so that I can give you a definitive answer).
However (generally) as the issue is language based, you will need to deactivate the existing license and reinstall the software ensuring the correct languages are installed.
Also a common issue is MS language support in reference to the current OS!
MS do NOT support (by default) all languages in all OS versions- so further info would be needed on this one.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the old Trados 7

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »