Problem with the old Trados 7
Thread poster: isa_g

isa_g
Local time: 21:09
German to Spanish
Aug 2, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I have a customer who continues using Tag Editor and Trados 7 for one concrete project. The thing is, I have installed it again in my laptop, since it is a long time ago I don't use it, and I have following problem with it: when I try to create a new translation memory, the only available languages are arabic, among others not European languages, despite I have choose German, English, Spanish and Frech during the installation of Trados.
Could someone help me to find out a solution for this difficulty?

Thank you very much

Isabel

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Problem with the old Trados 7 Aug 3, 2016

Hi Isabel,

Unfortunately you have not given me much data to go on.
I am therefore assuming that your client prefers to use an older legacy version rather than upgrade to a modern supported version.
Also as I don't have your account details so are unable to verify your license version (please provide the last 6 digit order number so that I can give you a definitive answer).
However (generally) as the issue is language based, you will need to deactivate the existing license and reinstall the software ensuring the correct languages are installed.
Also a common issue is MS language support in reference to the current OS!
MS do NOT support (by default) all languages in all OS versions- so further info would be needed on this one.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the old Trados 7

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search