SDL Studio 2015 on a 4k Display
Thread poster: Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 16:36
English to German
+ ...
Aug 3, 2016

I've just upgraded to a new mobile workstation with a 4k display. Most of the software scales properly under Windows 10. However, Studio 2015 shows some flaws here. The scaling in the project or file overview is not correct. Also some headings or selection boxes are not OK. Fortunately, the editor works fine.
Has anyone of you found a workaround to adjust these scaling problems?
Is SDL aware of this and will fix it in the next update?
Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_ Thomas
Germany
Disabling display scaling Aug 3, 2016

Dear Tobi

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? http://kb.sdl.com/?article=4959&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4959
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Tobi
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Aug 4, 2016

Workaround 3 has helped. Thank you very much!
I wonder if such a solution is also available for Outlook

Alison Webb  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Workaround 3 Sep 4, 2016

Helped me too - thanks !

Tobi
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Improvement on 2017 Nov 17, 2016

I've just installed Studio 2017 and it looks much better on 4k. However, I'm not sure if this is due to the changed settings I made with "workaround 3".
Only the symbols indicating the segment status in the editor, the icons in the menu ribbon and the icons for minimizing/closing windows and panes are still too small at the moment.

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Good news? Nov 17, 2016

Tobi wrote:

I've just installed Studio 2017 and it looks much better on 4k. However, I'm not sure if this is due to the changed settings I made with "workaround 3".

I didn't want to hack the registry so I didn't make these modifications. I'll let you know, how Studio 2017 looks on my hi-res iMac.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2015 on a 4k Display

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search