Thread poster: Marcin_L
Marcin_L
Poland
Local time: 16:09
Polish to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 4, 2016

Hello,
I have some problems with adding files to an Existing Project in SDL Trados Studio 2015.

I follow all steps from http://producthelp.sdl.com but yet I can't open an existing file nor the added one.

I do it as follow (according to http://producthelp.sdl.com): +Add Files> Batch Task>Prepare

Changing File usage to Reference or Localizable does nothing.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Marcin

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Switch to target language folder Aug 4, 2016

Marcin

Did you switch back to the target language folder before trying to open the files you added and prepared (in the source language folder).

They must show there with the extension .SDLXLIFF.

Walter

Marcin_L
Poland
Polish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switch to other project after adding files Aug 4, 2016

Walter,
Thank you. It helped. I just switched to another project and it simply solved the problem.

Thank you for your help

Patricia Ferreira Larrieux  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...

I learned this tip at TLC 2016 in Warsaw... Aug 4, 2016

...after adding a new file, and performing the preparation, you need to manually switch back to the target language in the "File" window on the left part of the screen, just like Walter Blaser said. This will allow you to start working immediately on the newly added file.

Before learning this valuable tip from Jerzy Czopik at the "SDL Studio - All questions allowed" session, I used to close the project and then re-open it.

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding files to an Existing Project in SDL Trados Studio 2015

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search