In Studio 2014, how do I assign a keyboard shortcut for signing off segments one by one?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2016

I couldn't find any option for this in Options/Keyboard Shortcuts. Can I add it manually as a new keyboard shortcut and then assign a shortcut?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:12
French to German
+ ...
It is the same shortcut as "Confirm" Aug 5, 2016

Fredrik

This is standard behavior. When you are in sign-off mode, simply hit "CTRL-Enter" and this will mark the current segment as "Signed-off". You don't need a separate shortcut in order to do this.

Walter

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I change to sign-off mode? Aug 5, 2016

The normal way I sign-off in the editor view is to right-click in a segment and select Sign-off. With a lot of segments (here and there, mixed among segments I need to sign-off), this procedure takes too long time, so what I meant was if I can just create a short-cut (for example a function key like F9) for signing-off this would be much easier.

Walter, when in the editor view do you mean I can switch mode to sign-off mode? However, the best would be if I could do this signing-off with a shortcut during the translation process when I also confirm segments to the TM. So that for segment 1 I might sign-off it, whereas for segment 2 I confirm it to the TM, and so on.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Use locked segments as a workaround Aug 5, 2016

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

in the editor view do you mean I can switch mode to sign-off mode?

Sign-off is the last of a 3-step process which is 1) Translation, 2) Review, 3) Sign-off
The effect of pressing the short-cut Ctrl+Enter in each step is 1) Confirm segment and send to TM, 2) Change segment status to "approved", 3) change status to "signed-off".

However, the best would be if I could do this signing-off with a shortcut during the translation process when I also confirm segments to the TM.

If you want to sign off segments in the Translation step, as a workaround I would lock those segments with the short cut Ctrl+L. When you finish translating (and reviewing), filter by locked segments and change the status of all those segments to "sign-off".

Maybe this solution would work for you?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
By opening the document in sign-off mode Aug 5, 2016

Walter, when in the editor view do you mean I can switch mode to sign-off mode? However, the best would be if I could do this signing-off with a shortcut during the translation process when I also confirm segments to the TM. So that for segment 1 I might sign-off it, whereas for segment 2 I confirm it to the TM, and so on.

Fredrik

No, you cannot switch the mode while the document is open, you decide before you open the document whether you want to open it in translation, review or sign-off mode. When you right-click on a document in the Files view, you get these three choices.

However, this only makes sense if you follow the entire workflow.
If you need to sign-off your segments while in translation mode, then I guess the procedure suggested by Emma is the best one.

Walter

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will Emma's solution work even if there are 50,000 words to change status for all in once? Aug 5, 2016

Emma's solution would definitely work for me if I can change status all in once for about 50,000 words.

I tried now to lock three segments and filtered them in the editor view. But from here, how do I select all these segments that are displayed (all locked segments), and then all in once change status for them to Signed-off by right-clicking and choosing that alternative in the context menu?

The reason I want to sign-off all these segments is that I will be able to see how much I have completed of the whole translation. And I can't confirm them and send to the TM because they are mixed source and target language and also some other source language words that shouldn't go into the TM.

[Edited at 2016-08-05 18:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-08-05 18:50 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Select several segment numbers at once Aug 6, 2016

How do I select all these segments that are displayed (all locked segments), and then all in once change status for them to Signed-off

- Left click in the first segment of the first column (segment number column).
- Press Ctrl+end
- Press shift+left click in the last displayed segment number
- Right click> Change segment status for all selected segments.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked fine Aug 6, 2016

Thanks Emma, that worked, I just needed to unlock the segments first before I could change to Signed-off.

[Edited at 2016-08-06 13:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In Studio 2014, how do I assign a keyboard shortcut for signing off segments one by one?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search