Raúl FERNANDEZ  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:05
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2016

Hello,

I have SDL Trados Studio 2014 and I would like to migrate to new version (2015). So, I have two questions:

1. Can I download the trial in my laptop even if I have SDL Trados Studio 2014 installed? I would like to test the new version.
2. SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation is intregated and free after the 30 days trial in SDL Trados Studio 2015 or I need to pay per month depending on my needs?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Raúl Fernández

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:05
French to German
+ ...
You'll be able to use the trial for 30 days Aug 5, 2016

Raoul

About question 1: you are lucky. Because Studio 2015 uses a different licensing system than Studio 2014, you get 30 days trial use in Professional mode when you install Studio 2015.

About question 2: I believe the service is not free anymore after the trial period, but you can check this easily on the Language Cloud website.

Walter

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 23:05
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Trial and Language Cloud Aug 5, 2016

Dear Mr Fernandez,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Yes you can download the Trial version of SDL Trados Studio 2015 on a laptop where your Studio 2014 license is, with no interference between the two.

After the 30 days trial period of Language Cloud, you can use the free subscription, with a Studio 2014 or Studio 2015 Freelance or higher license. Paid subscriptions in Language Cloud are entirely optional.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Raúl FERNANDEZ  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:05
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MT is free in SDL Trados Studio 2015 after the trial Aug 5, 2016

Dear Walter and Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply. I will download the trial. I was affraid to do it.

Best regards,
Raúl Fernández

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT is free in SDL Trados Studio 2015 after the trial

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search