How to import a bilingual xml file as a translation memory into TRADOS 2015?
Thread poster: Rasa Mikalauskaite

Rasa Mikalauskaite
Belgium
Local time: 18:51
Member (2016)
Dutch to Lithuanian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2016

The title says it all.
Most probably I will need to convert the xml file into a memory format acceptable to TRADOS.
Any recommendations? Reliable, I mean, I've searched around, but it is difficult to sort out the weed.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2016-08-06 15:32 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Depends on the structure of your XML Aug 7, 2016

Rasa

As you may know, XML is just a standard, meaning that XML files can have varying content structures.

I guess the only way to import this into a TM is to open the document with an appropriate XML filetype and then to update the TM suing the function "Finalize" or "Update main TM".

But first you need to know which element contains what in your XML file.

Walter

Rasa Mikalauskaite
Belgium
Member (2016)
Dutch to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Appriopriate XML filetype Aug 7, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

Rasa

As you may know, XML is just a standard, meaning that XML files can have varying content structures.

I guess the only way to import this into a TM is to open the document with an appropriate XML filetype and then to update the TM suing the function "Finalize" or "Update main TM".

But first you need to know which element contains what in your XML file.

Walter

Thank you. Forgive me if it sounds silly, but how do I know what is the appropriate XML filetype?? The extension simply says .xml

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import a bilingual xml file as a translation memory into TRADOS 2015?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search