International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

a problem in the multiterm
Thread poster: Nehad Nasr
Nehad Nasr
Egypt
Local time: 12:20
English to Arabic
Aug 8, 2016

Hi All,

I have studio 2015 and I have an error saying (errors occurred whilst displaying the terms from (the path of the multiterm). Please try to reorganizing the termbase from termbase management view. If this fails to resolve the problem please contact SDL support.)
Do any one know how to solve this.

Please note that my OS is windows 8.

Direct link Reply with quote

James Heppe-Smith  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to English

Happens occasionally in 2014 too Aug 9, 2016

I have experienced this problem a couple of times in 2014.

It seems to be solved by shutting down Trados studio and opening the multiterm desktop. If you then open the term base concerned, you can reorganise it from the second tab under the term list on the left hand side of the screen.
Screen Shot 08-09-16 at 11.44 AM
Screen Shot 08-09-16 at 11.45 AM step 2
If you then reopen the project in Trados, it should work again - your mileage may vary!

Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-08-09 09:50 GMT]

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 11:20
Member (2015)
RE: errors occurred whilst displaying the terms from Aug 9, 2016

Dear Mr Nasr,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Could you give me in a private message the 6 digits order number of your license? So far I have been unable to find it in our database.

We have an article in our Knowledge Base about this error message, with resolutions: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4994

Kind regards,

Guillaume

[Edited at 2016-08-09 11:19 GMT]

Nehad Nasr
Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mr Smith and Guillaume Aug 9, 2016

Hi Mr Smith,

Thank you for your care and reply. I have tried your method and it seems good till now.

Thank you so much.

@Mr Guillaume,

I do not know how to send a private mail to you.

I can tell you the name of the software buyer, is it enough.

Do you have another way than the one Mr Smith kindly explained.

I remember that you (Mr Guillaume) kindly helped me before with an issue with multiterm, so hope you could help me this time.

Ms Nehad

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 11:20
Member (2015)
Messages Aug 9, 2016

Nehad Nasr wrote:

Hi Mr Smith,

Thank you for your care and reply. I have tried your method and it seems good till now.

Thank you so much.

@Mr Guillaume,

I do not know how to send a private mail to you.

I can tell you the name of the software buyer, is it enough.

Do you have another way than the one Mr Smith kindly explained.

I remember that you (Mr Guillaume) kindly helped me before with an issue with multiterm, so hope you could help me this time.

Ms Nehad

Hi Nehad,

To message me you can click on my name, then Contact, then Contact via email or Contact via Proz instant message.

Please note that if you are not registered as administrator in the account where the license is, I will be unable to give you any information regarding the license or any of the account's content.

I would recommend that you follow the resolutions in the KB article. If you need further assistance, please contact our SDL Community: http://xl8.one

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a problem in the multiterm

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search