Thread poster: Murielle M

Murielle M
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:44
English to French
+ ...
Aug 9, 2016

Hello,

When I import a TM in TMX format into a Trados 2014 project on my laptop, it uploads normally, I then click on "quick upgrade" and it starts the conversion but then fails and gives me an error message: "the translation data file engine returned an error: SQlite error cannot roll back - no transaction is active". The same thing happens if I try to import the TMX file into an existing SDLTM. It used to work fine but now fails every time. I've tried to repair Trados 2014, I've even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, converted the TMX to TXT and tried to upload it that way but it still doesn't work. Basically I can't use TMX TMs on my laptop anymore, can somebody help quickly as I travel a lot and need to be able to use clients' TMs everywhere.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Member (2015)
Rthe translation data file engine returned an error: SQlite error cannot roll back - no transaction Aug 10, 2016

Hello Murielle,

This is Guillaume from SDL, I just emailed you regarding this error message.

I found a suggested resolution by Paul Filkin in a thread of the SDL Community: https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/6142

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Murielle M
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem upgrading from TMX to SDLTM Aug 10, 2016

Thanks for the link Guillaume, but the You tube video offered by Paul is about merging several TMs already in the SDLTM format so doesn't answer my problem since I can't convert to SDLTM format in the first place, and there is no point in repairing the TMs I am sent in TMX format as they work perfectly well on my main computer and colleagues have no problems with them, so I'm still stuck...

SDL_Guillaume
Member (2015)
the translation data file engine returned an error: SQlite error cannot roll back - no transaction Aug 10, 2016

Murielle M wrote:

Thanks for the link Guillaume, but the You tube video offered by Paul is about merging several TMs already in the SDLTM format so doesn't answer my problem since I can't convert to SDLTM format in the first place, and there is no point in repairing the TMs I am sent in TMX format as they work perfectly well on my main computer and colleagues have no problems with them, so I'm still stuck...

Hello Murielle,

Thank you for this message and the email, I just emailed you back.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem upgrading from TMX to SDLTM

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search