What happens if I add my own TM to an SDL Groupshare project?
Thread poster: Titia Meesters

Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
Aug 13, 2016

Hi, I use Studio 2015 (Freelance plus) under Windows 10.
For the first time, I have accepted a translation project for which SDL Groupshare is to be used.
I opened the file for translation, no problems, but now I would like to add my own TM to the project, which also works with a client TM.
I can add my TM, but I wonder which data will then be sent back to the client server:
Either with or without the setting "update TM" enabled for my TM, can I use my TM safely as an additional TM in this project, without giving my client access to my TM?
Thanks a lot, best regards, Titia

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
French to German
+ ...
You can add your own TM in the Project Settings Aug 13, 2016

You can add your TM without any risk because TMs are anyway never sent back. A project package only contains bilingual files, but no TM at all.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happens if I add my own TM to an SDL Groupshare project?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search