Thread poster: xxxGaelleSTW
xxxGaelleSTW  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:43
English to French
+ ...
Aug 13, 2016

Hi, all

I accidentally confirmed all the segments of my TRADOS file..
Now the file appear as 100% translated, so I can't track the progress anymore...
Does anyone of you can help me unconfirm the segments?

Thanks in advance

Tifanny

Direct link Reply with quote

Nuria Morales  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you saved? Aug 13, 2016

If document is not saved:

1) Try to undo (click the button or crtl z) several times until you return to the previous situation.
2) Close the document without saving it, and open again. You can retrieve the translated segments from your Tm.

If saved.

Use a clean untranslated document and translate against the TM at 99%. Its longer but safer.

Hope it helps

Regards

Nuria

[Editado a las 2016-08-13 15:03 GMT]

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Info Aug 13, 2016

1) Try to undo (click the button or crtl z) = I tried to use CTRL + Z, but it doesnt give anything...

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Info Aug 13, 2016

The document has been saved.... Unfortunaly

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Start again from scratch? Aug 13, 2016

Start the project again from scratch?

I don't know a simple and easy way to do it, but you could filter off the segments confirmed by accident from the TM, and start again with a new source file. The work you have already done will still be in the TM. It may take you half an hour, but it is one way to do it.

If you can't live with it, go back to the last segment you actually translated, and note the exact time, i.e. the time just before you accidentally confirmed all the segments, as date, hour, minutes and seconds. (You can see it in the yellow stripe across the screen, just above the target column.)

Then filter off all the segments in the TM from after that time. (I'll tell you how below).

Set up a new project with the original, untranslated source file and the new, filtered TM. Your translation will appear as CM, but the untranslated segments will be unconfirmed.

Close the translation in Studio and select the Files view.
Click on Project Settings and select Translation Memories and Automated Translation.

In the Project Settings box that appears, select the TM, then click on Export, just above.
Browse to a folder you can find, and give your export a name.

THEN CLICK ON EDIT to create a filter.

In the filter box, click on ADD

In the Add Condition box that appears, click on the drop-down menu for Field, and select Last modified on.

Click on the drop-down menu for operator, and select Smaller than.

In the Value field below, enter the time you noted for the last segment you actually translated, as date, time, minutes and second.

The filter should now be set to export everything you did before that moment, without what happened later.

Click on OK, and wait a moment while the TM is saved as a .tmx. file.

Then set up a new project and create a new, empty TM.

When you have created the TM, click on Import, and browse to the .tmx file you have just saved, and select it. Give it a few seconds to import.

Then set up the rest of the project and open the file for translation. You should be back where you were, able to follow your progress again.

But I would probably just live with the situation.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Select the segments you want to unconfirm .... Aug 13, 2016

... and click on "Change Segments Status" and choose "Draft".

Walter

Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
English to Spanish
Filter out Aug 14, 2016

Just 3 steps:

1) Verify, change the QA settings: deselect all other checks and select Segment verification > Check for segments where: Source and target are identical or Check forgotten or empty segments, depending on what you need.
2) Change Display filter to segments with messages (or errors if you selected error in settings).
3) Select the segments (click on the first segment's number, scroll, and then click again on the last one), and change the Segment status (right click on the segment number).

[Edited at 2016-08-14 15:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirmed segments

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search