Is there a TMX File Type for Studio (2015+) ?
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 04:16
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Aug 13, 2016

Hello,
it would be fine if one could import a TMX file into a project. The most useful reason is to retrieve terminology to be sent into a MultiTerm Termbase. I bet this visual method is faster than MultiTerm Extract :=)
Another fine reason is: You keep the segmentation the way YOU want, the processing of the project file will blindly follow the TMX segmentation (well, it should at least).

Or do I oversee something, and it's actually possible to work with such file types?

Greets,
Mike

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You'll find it in the AppStore Aug 13, 2016

Mike

Here's the link to the app that installs a file type for TMX in your Studio:
http://appstore.sdl.com/app/file-type-definition-for-tmx/317/

Walter

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Walter! Aug 13, 2016

I forgot about OpenExchange...Good to know that there is such a tool.

In the meantime I found a perfect solution by my own:
I export the tmx without any attributes, and only the source language, then I rename the tmx file into a xml file and strip out all remaining 'prop' entries in the header. Works very fine, I get the exact segmentation and a 100% pre-translated file.
This is even a convenient way to maintain translation memories... for example spell checking, filtering and making changes on the fly etc.

[EDIT]
Well, the segmentation is not perfect with my workaround, only 92%, so I have to get that tool anyway...

Thanks and greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-08-13 22:41 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a TMX File Type for Studio (2015+) ?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search