Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 16:02
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Aug 18, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I bought today Studio 2015 (upgrade). I followed the paths till this screenshot. It says that if I upgrade from Studio 2011 to 2015 I will lose Studio 2011? Did you have such situation? I am actually working on Studio 2011 and I am afraid to update and lose Studio 2011.

Can you help me? What I have to do? Is that true I will lose Studio 2011?

Thank you know advance for yours answers.

20160818_201119

Direct link Reply with quote

IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:02
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
2011 deactivates when 2015 is activated Aug 19, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

when you upgrade your 2011 license to 2015, the license will be valid only for 2015. You will not be able to install or use 2011 after this point. If I remember correctly, the installation will upgrade the installed version to 2015.

I'm guessing SDL don't want us to purchase an upgrade and still be able to use two different versions concurrently.

Sandrine Zérouali wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I bought today Studio 2015 (upgrade). I followed the paths till this screenshot. It says that if I upgrade from Studio 2011 to 2015 I will lose Studio 2011? Did you have such situation? I am actually working on Studio 2011 and I am afraid to update and lose Studio 2011.

Can you help me? What I have to do? Is that true I will lose Studio 2011?

Thank you know advance for yours answers.

20160818_201119

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Updated from Studio 2011 to 2015 Aug 19, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for upgrading to Studio 2015.

As you have UPGRADED from Studio 2011 to Studio 2015, your actual valid license will of course be Studio 2015.
However SDL have made special licensing concessions for freelancers (as explained on other similar proz posts), which allows you to process the upgrade in your account- download and install Studio 2015 on the same PC as your current 2011 installation.

However you must NOT deactivate the 2011 license in Studio itself (only follow the account upgrade process to release the Studio 2015 license activation code).
You will then be able to use Studio 2011 until you try to reinstall/deactivate the license/ or reimage the hard drive in any way (including upgrades of the OS)
This will allows you to use both versions temporarily until you have migrated all (new projects) to Studio 2015.

Kind regards

SDL_Steve

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Others doubts... Aug 19, 2016

Hello,

Thank you IrimiConsulting and Steve for your answers.

By the way, I have a doubt about:"This will allows you to use both versions temporarily until you have migrated all (new projects) to Studio 2015". What do you mean by "temporarily" and how to migrate projects in process?

I have 2 licences: 1 on my desk computer and 1 on my laptop. Should I have to do 2 twice the upgrate process to 2015 from my account?

And what about if I want to changer computer, do I have to simply return the license to reinstall on the new one?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sandrine

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Others doubts... Aug 19, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

Its essential that we clarify first 'upgrades' and purchasing 'new licenses'.
As with any 'upgrade' you are purchasing an upgrade of the existing version to the latest release (coupled with all the latest features that are not going to be available in the legacy versions). In general upgrades do NOT allow you to KEEP both versions.
Indeed I can see from your account you have the PLUS version (two PC activation) so the situation here is very straightforward-
Simply download and install Studio 2015 on both of your machines (following the upgrade process in your SDL account/Licenses)-
but DO NOT actually deactivate the 2011 license in Studio itself.
This then allows you to complete on-going projects in the version you started them in (in this case 2011).
Then any new assignments you receive you start translating in Studio 2015.
Once all (started) projects are complete in 2011, you no longer need this version and it can be permanently retired as you concentrate on the Studio 2015 version.

If you need to migrate the software to a new PC- simply deactivate Studio 2015 on the old machine- reinstall Studio 2015 via your SDL account (never from ThumbDrive etc.) reactivate with the previously deactivated Studio 2015 license code and continue working.
The legacy versions cannot be transferred to a new PC

Kr

SDL_Steve

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about multiterm 2011 to multiterm 2015 Aug 20, 2016

Dear all,

Thank you for your answer.

I have a last doubt (I hope/think) about Multiterm. I have several bases multiterm (2007 and 2011). Shall I have to upgrade these old bases into 2015 or simply open them in Studio 2015 and then Multiterm 2015 will serve only for new bases?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sandrine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updated from Studio 2011 to 2015

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search