Thread poster: ungoodthinker
ungoodthinker
Turkey
Local time: 16:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 19, 2016

Hello,

I am using TRADOS 2014. I would like to export a document but am confronted with the error message telling me that there are missing tags and that I should use tag verification to see these.

I don't want to use tag verification. I just want the target text as it is. I disabled all tag verification options but I am still confronted with this message.

I must admit it is very frustrating.

Am I missing something here? Is there something else I need to do? Could you please help me?

Thank you very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 21:32
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Change "error" into "warning" Aug 21, 2016

In Project Settings > Tag verifier > Common
Change the "tag added" "tag deleted" from "error" into "warning" or "notes" and see how it goes.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:32
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Tag display Aug 21, 2016

ungoodthinker wrote:

I don't want to use tag verification.

Hmm. Sounds a bit like saying "I don't want to use a dictionary" when you don't understand a certain word.

Studio is telling you that you have (probably) deleted some essential tags from your source text and can't save it as a result. So, enable tag display instead of WYSIWYG (check out this post if you need to see how to do that: https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/ )
Then run tag verification, F8, double click on the errors to take the focus to the problem segment(s) and correct the missing/misplaced tags. The tags that give saving errors aren't simply formatting ones (bold, italics, etc.) but tags that Studio needs to produce the final document. Studio 2015 has a few more options than your 2014 version to bypass tags and tag errors, but best practice is to display them always.

Displaying text in Studio without tags might look cleaner, but they are still there in the background. They don't simply disappear.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:32
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Information symbols Aug 21, 2016

eradicate wrote:

In Project Settings > Tag verifier > Common
Change the "tag added" "tag deleted" from "error" into "warning" or "notes" and see how it goes.

The symbols for error, warning and notes are for information only. They don't affect the tag error itself.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag verification cannot be disabled?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search