How to insert autotranslation segment by segment?
Thread poster: JW Narins

JW Narins  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:05
Member (2015)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2016

Colleagues!

In Trados Studio 2015 - I'd like to be able to quickly insert an autotranslation for a segment - not what comes up as you type under the cursor, but in the pane above the editor pane - into my translation. Not pretranslate the document, but selective use pretranslation, so to speak, on a segment by segment basis.

Is there a keystroke for that? It's not in the context menus (as far as I can see).

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:05
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Ctrl+T or Ctrl+n Aug 25, 2016

Ctrl+T applies the look-up result.
Ctrl+n transfers the contents of the TM window, where n = hit number (1, 2, 3, etc.)

You can customise these shortcuts under Files>Options>Keyboard Shortcuts>Editor>Tm window

JW Narins  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:05
Member (2015)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 25, 2016

Thank you! I think that's just what I needed. The numbers didn't seem to work with only one entry, but the "t" does.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert autotranslation segment by segment?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search