How to insert autotranslation segment by segment?
Thread poster: JW Narins

JW Narins  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:15
Member (2015)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2016

Colleagues!

In Trados Studio 2015 - I'd like to be able to quickly insert an autotranslation for a segment - not what comes up as you type under the cursor, but in the pane above the editor pane - into my translation. Not pretranslate the document, but selective use pretranslation, so to speak, on a segment by segment basis.

Is there a keystroke for that? It's not in the context menus (as far as I can see).

Thanks in advance!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:15
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Ctrl+T or Ctrl+n Aug 25, 2016

Ctrl+T applies the look-up result.
Ctrl+n transfers the contents of the TM window, where n = hit number (1, 2, 3, etc.)

You can customise these shortcuts under Files>Options>Keyboard Shortcuts>Editor>Tm window

JW Narins  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:15
Member (2015)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 25, 2016

Thank you! I think that's just what I needed. The numbers didn't seem to work with only one entry, but the "t" does.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert autotranslation segment by segment?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search