Creating an AutoSuggest dictionary
Thread poster: Seamus Moran

Seamus Moran  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:50
German to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2016

Hi, I have the 2015 freelance version of Trados. I would like to create an autosuggest dictionary but the icon/button is greyed out. I was wondering whether this is even possible in this version of Trados, i.e. do i need to buy a plug-in?

Direct link Reply with quote

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Requested by user.

Ireland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Large TM Aug 26, 2016

No, I have a large TM that I imported from Across.

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No need to buy a plug-in Aug 26, 2016

Studio 2015 Freelance allows you to create AutoSuggest dictionaries from TMs with a minimum of 10,000 units.

However, I don't know why that option is greyed out. You can create Autosuggest dictionaries both from the Welcome view or from within a project (Project settings). Have you tried both ways?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:50
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Separate license Aug 26, 2016

Seamus Moran wrote:

I would like to create an autosuggest dictionary but the icon/button is greyed out. I was wondering whether this is even possible in this version of Trados, i.e. do i need to buy a plug-in?

To create an AutoSuggest dictionary you need a separate license, called AutoSuggest Creator, which costs €200. It sometimes comes bundled with the Freelance version and is always part of the Professional version.
If you don't have the license, you can use AutoSuggest dictionaries created by others (and some are available in the AppStore), but you can't create your own.
That's why the button is greyed out.

Ireland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Think you are right Aug 26, 2016

Thanks Emma. I read conflicting reports, i.e. that no you don't need this license and others saying you do. I think you are right - you can't create your own dictionary without this license. I'm just rummaging through the app store to see what useful stuff is available. I'm quite new to Trados.

NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 06:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
AutoSuggest 2.0 Aug 27, 2016

Another option would be to use the AutoSuggest 2.0 included in your Studio 2015.

To take advantage of it, in Optons > AutoSuggest you need to add Translation Memory and Automated Translation as an AutoSuggest provider. This way, you can use the AutoSuggest feature without creating the AutoSuggest dictionary themself. The AutoSuggest included in Studio 2015 looks up your TMs in real time to suggest translations.

This might still be good for you, and free!

Might worth reading this post: http://noradiaz.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/studio-2015-autosuggest-gets-even-better.html

Regards,

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating an AutoSuggest dictionary

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search