Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 00:22
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 29, 2016

Hello everyone!

As mentioned in the subject, I'd like to change where Trados Studio 2015 saves my files by default. I'd like Trados to automatically create/save new project files in my Dropbox folder rather than the standard Documents/Studio 2015 folder. Is there anyone it can be configured to do that by default?

Thank you very much!

Alain

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:22
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Location setting in project wizard Aug 29, 2016

Alain Alameddine wrote:

I'd like Trados to automatically create/save new project files in my Dropbox folder

The next time you create project, click "location" in the second window and set the path to your Dropbox folder.
At the end of the wizard, you'll be asked whether you want to update the default project template settings or create a template based on this project. Choose the update option (although the new template will also work) and from now on the default location will be Dropbox.

Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 00:22
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Emma! Aug 29, 2016

Much appreciatedicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'd like to change where Trados Studio 2015 saves my files by default

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search