Help! How to extract metadata in html-files in SDL Trados Studio 2015?
Thread poster: Sandrine Monin
Sandrine Monin
Germany
Sep 6, 2016

Hi,
I work with SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance and have just finished the translation of over 150 html-files. Now my customer asks me to translate the metadata in the header of those html-files. Studio didn't extract them and I'd like to know if and how I can't make Studio extract them. Can someone help me here?
Thanks.
Sandrine

Direct link Reply with quote

Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hope this helps Sep 6, 2016

Project Settings > File Types > HTML 5/HTML 4 > Parser

Select "meta" and click "Edit"

In the "Attributes" section, select "content" and click "Edit". Select "Translate attribute". Click OK for the 3 windows.

You'll have to prepare the files again with the new settings, but after pre-translate takes care of everything you've already translated, you'll find the "content" of the "meta" tags waiting for you to translate it.

Sandrine Monin
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Translation of Metadata in Studio: Problem solved! Sep 7, 2016

Hi Jaime,

thanks ever so much. It was exactly the solution I was looking for. Everything worked and I could even clean the whole thing without a problem.
You saved me!

Have a nice day.

Sandrine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! How to extract metadata in html-files in SDL Trados Studio 2015?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search