How may I switch among different users in SDL Trados 2015 for automatic translation?
Thread poster: javierxp
javierxp
Spain
Sep 10, 2016

Hi, I have a problem I am not very sure about how to solve it.
SDL Trados 2015 allow automatic translation. It is not accurate, of course not, it will never replace the translators (Thanks God), but... it helps. Because for simple paragraphs and according the language pairs... the translation sometimes is fine, and you only to change the style or the position of some words. This do not replace the translator, do not replace the style... but save typing time.
The fact is, that Trados con connect with Google Translate via SDL Language cloud... which offers you automatic translations packages.
These packages are not free... you have to pay. Or if you are starting, and you cannot pay, you can get a trial package for 30 days.
If after 30 days, you cannot pay, you will have to get again the trial package the only thing is you will have to use another email.
So if you are using just Trados for isolated translations, let's imagine you translate 4 times in the year, only, and you are not a professional that is using the software to earn money, you are using it only to translate some documents for the university or the school... then you need to use the trial package. Seems to be fair.
Okay... the problem is I am not very sure how to do this in Trados 2015

To make Trados 2015 be able to use the automatic translation, the first you have to do is to create a free account in SDL Language cloud.

The account is free, you can create it, visiting this link:

https://languagecloud.sdl.com/es/translation-toolkit/login

There you can enter in your current account (green button)...
Or create a new account...

In this case we create a new account...
It ask you an email and a password...

Let's imagine we register there with the following email and password (fictional)

my_email_01@gmail.com

and after creating it, will ask you what language package do you want to subscribe.
The trial of 30 days, or several packages you can chose with different prices, additional dictionaries, etc.

Okay, because our case is "student without money" will select of course the 30 days trial.

When you go to Trados, you will have to connect it with SDL Language cloud, using this email, and creating an user with this email.
my_email_01@gmail.com

When you open a Word document in Trados SLD 2015, you will see how the paragraphs are automatically translated...

Fine.

After the 30 days...

Trados will tell you the subscription package have expired and you cannot use it any more.

The idea right now, is to create a new email... and a new account in SDL Language cloud.

So let's imagine we go to Gmail and we create a new email...

my_email_02@gmail.com

Now we go again to SDL Language cloud... and we create a new account...

Again, it ask you if you want to subscribe to the free package, and you say yes.

THE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW START HERE.

How may I tell Trados 2015 to change from the user, using the mail... my_email_01@gmail.com
to the new user, using the email... my_email_02@gmail.com

The idea is Trados 2015 change to the new user, that is having the SDL Language trial for 30 days...

Basically you can have always the 30 days package activated, you only have to create a new gmail account and change the user in Trados, but my problem is I don't know how to change the user in Trados
What I want is trados connect to Language Cloud, using the new gmail account my_email_02@gmail.com and not the old one, that expired some time ago.

Please, could you explain me step by step how to change from users in Trados 2015?

If I go to File... Step up... there I can create a new user... and that is very easy.

The problem is... how do I tell trados to switch to a new user, so when it start, use the new user... and connect this user with SDL Language Cloud via Trados.

So my problem is with SDL Language Cloud in Trados...

I need it does not use anymore the old account, and use the new one which has the 30 days trial...

Any idea about how may I do this?

Cheers

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:35
English
SDL Language Cloud is not Google! Sep 10, 2016

javierxp wrote:
The fact is, that Trados con connect with Google Translate via SDL Language cloud... which offers you automatic translations packages.

This is incorrect. Out of the box Studio supports a connection to Google OR SDL Language Cloud. You do not connect to Google Translate via SDL Language Cloud!

javierxp wrote:
These packages are not free... you have to pay. Or if you are starting, and you cannot pay, you can get a trial package for 30 days.
If after 30 days, you cannot pay, you will have to get again the trial package the only thing is you will have to use another email.

The basic package is free for SDL Language Cloud. The pay options relate to you having the ability to use your own custom dictionaries, or trained engines, or enjoy a word limit that most likely exceeds that required by your average Freelance Translator.

Once the 30-day trial is up (and this just lets you try custom dictionaries) you can continue to use the free version. See these articles for more details on machine translation in Studio:

https://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/10/30/language-cloud-word-counts-best-practice/

https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/12/cat_skinning/

Probably also worth reading this very good article from Emma Goldsmith which is about one of the paid options with SDL Language Cloud:

https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2016/05/31/slate_languagecloud/

Very different to the free one that you do not have to pay for at all if you work within the limits.

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

javierxp
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
I don't understand very well how may I continue using the automated translation, when expired Sep 11, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

Once the 30-day trial is up (and this just lets you try custom dictionaries) you can continue to use the free version.

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

Let's assume the account is expired and I don't have custom dictionaries.

How may I continue using the free version in that case?. When the SDL Language cloud expire... Trados is always logged to that account and remind me, everytime I open it... that the SDL Language cloud account expired... and do not allow me to continue with the automated translations.
I don't understand very well what you said.
Are you telling me I cannot continue using the automated translation from SDL Language cloud when the 30 days trial account expire, and then I only can use custom dictionaries I have?
Is that what you told me?

1. Other possible solution would be create a new SDL Language cloud with a new email.
2. Log off from SDL Trados (disconnect Trados from the expired SDL Language cloud account) which is an email...
3. Start SDL Trados and log in, to the new account...

This would be a ROYAL PAIN because every 30 days you would have to open a new gmail account, log off trados from the old account, and log to the new account via SDL Trados.

Would this system be possible?

Anyway, if there is an easy way, I would be grateful.
Thanks

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
That's not what I'm saying Sep 11, 2016

javierxp wrote:

SDL Community wrote:

Once the 30-day trial is up (and this just lets you try custom dictionaries) you can continue to use the free version.

Let's assume the account is expired and I don't have custom dictionaries.

How may I continue using the free version in that case?. When the SDL Language cloud expire... Trados is always logged to that account and remind me, everytime I open it... that the SDL Language cloud account expired... and do not allow me to continue with the automated translations.
I don't understand very well what you said.
Are you telling me I cannot continue using the automated translation from SDL Language cloud when the 30 days trial account expire, and then I only can use custom dictionaries I have?

I reckon you have confused things a bit by having so many accounts! You should ask to have them all deleted apart from one and then just use this all the time. The MT is free, it's the dictionaries you have to pay for after 30-days.

Review this KB:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5345&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

It says 2014 but applies to 2015 as well.

Paul

javierxp
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
I saw the videos, but don't reply to my question Sep 11, 2016

Hi again Paul, I've seen the videos but they don't reply my question, perhaps I did not explain well the problem or you did not understand me.
I saw the videos, but are general information videos and don't reply to my question.
My exact question is that I want to continue using the AT automatic translation, when my SDL Language cloud have expired.
So the situation is this...
I open SDL Trados, and it tells me my SDL Language cloud account is expired.
I am now in Trados with my SDL Language cloud expired.
I have opened a word document in Trados to translate it, I see it on the left column (English)
The right column is empty.
I see the translation memory window floating, and when I click in a paragraph of the opened word document (English), I want that the translation memory window offer me the AT automatic translation.
How may I do this exactly, having in mind my SDL Language cloud was expired?
If you could tell me please, a step by step guide, I'd be grateful.
Cheers

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Switch to the free package. Sep 12, 2016

javierxp wrote:

having in mind my SDL Language cloud was expired?

Simply switch your Language Cloud subscription to Free. You'll need to do it through your account (if you've already got SDL Language Cloud set up as a provider in a Studio project, simply go to project settings, TM settings, your account, subscription.
The product comparison explains what the free package gives you:
http://www.translationzone.com/products/language-cloud/packages-and-pricing.html
Basically, nothing except access to the SDL automatic translation, which is exactly what you want.

javierxp
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot switch as you suggest... Sep 12, 2016

Sorry, but I cannot switch to a free package.

When I log in to my account, I go here:

There I enter my email and password
After this... I access my account...

I can take screenshots if necessary.

In the first page... Home... SDL Language cloud... the first I see is the message...

Your subscription is expired - Learn more... Your trial was active until Aug 16, 2016

When I click in Learn more...

I see this message...

Your trial period ended. If you want to resume using our capabilities, please buy a package.

The package I've selected before was Trial 0$

It includes:

US$0
per 30 days
Trial active until Aug 16, 2016

1 million characters
- you are not allowed to use extra characters
3 engines
(SDL-trained industry-specific machine translation engines)
No custom engines
(SDL-trained custom machine translation engines)
No trained engines
(available but pending deployment self-trained machine translation engines)
3 dictionaries
(to improve machine translation results)
Integration with SDL Trados Studio
(Integrations with other products require a valid license for those products which are not included in these packages unless specifically stated.)
Microsoft Office Add-ins
(Allows you to access machine translation from Microsoft Office applications)
Translator
(The Translator allows you to access our machine translation technology from within your web browser.)

When this expiry... I cannot select again the Trial package, IT FORCES ME TO BUY A NEW PACKAGE...

---------
With this package expired, may I continue using the Automatic Translation in SDL Trados 2015 ?
---------

I guess I cannot, but if this is possible, please let me know.
I would appreciate a guide step by step 1... do this... 2. do this... etc.
I'm sorry but I am a bit clumsy with SLD Trados...

Cheers

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
Member (2015)
FREE Language Cloud package not another Trial Sep 12, 2016

javierxp wrote:

Sorry, but I cannot switch to a free package.

When I log in to my account, I go here:

There I enter my email and password
After this... I access my account...

I can take screenshots if necessary.

In the first page... Home... SDL Language cloud... the first I see is the message...

Your subscription is expired - Learn more... Your trial was active until Aug 16, 2016

When I click in Learn more...

I see this message...

Your trial period ended. If you want to resume using our capabilities, please buy a package.

The package I've selected before was Trial 0$

It includes:

US$0
per 30 days
Trial active until Aug 16, 2016

1 million characters
- you are not allowed to use extra characters
3 engines
(SDL-trained industry-specific machine translation engines)
No custom engines
(SDL-trained custom machine translation engines)
No trained engines
(available but pending deployment self-trained machine translation engines)
3 dictionaries
(to improve machine translation results)
Integration with SDL Trados Studio
(Integrations with other products require a valid license for those products which are not included in these packages unless specifically stated.)
Microsoft Office Add-ins
(Allows you to access machine translation from Microsoft Office applications)
Translator
(The Translator allows you to access our machine translation technology from within your web browser.)

When this expiry... I cannot select again the Trial package, IT FORCES ME TO BUY A NEW PACKAGE...

---------
With this package expired, may I continue using the Automatic Translation in SDL Trados 2015 ?
---------

I guess I cannot, but if this is possible, please let me know.
I would appreciate a guide step by step 1... do this... 2. do this... etc.
I'm sorry but I am a bit clumsy with SLD Trados...

Cheers

Hi,

If you could kindly provide me your full name and email address you are registered with to SDL Language Cloud via Private Message? I would be happy to check your LC account and provide you with further instructions on how to sign up for a FREE package ( not another Trial).

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

javierxp
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
expired trial Sep 12, 2016

hi, I have sent you a private message, please, could you take a look to it?
cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How may I switch among different users in SDL Trados 2015 for automatic translation?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search