SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus'
Thread poster: Katia Sakoschek

Katia Sakoschek  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:46
Member (2015)
English to French
Sep 12, 2016

Hello,

Since I have installed SDL Trados studio 2015 on a second computer, I get an error message once in a while when I try to open an sdlXliff file :

"le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier 'C: (...) sdlxliff' car il est en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus". ("The process cannot access file 'C: (...) sdlxliff' as it is being used by another process")

If a try again a few seconds later, it usually then opens normally. The same error message appears once in a while, while I am working on the document and the automatic saving runs. Then if I try to save manually a few seconds later, it usually saves the document normally.

I have the same problem when I try to open an SDL Package received from a client, but worse, as it appears each and every time I try, and I cannot open any package.

I have tried to re-install SDL Trados Studio but the problem remains...

Would anybody have encountered the same problem and found a solution ? Many thanks for any help !

Have a nice day

[Modifié le 2016-09-12 14:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

LaurenceL
Local time: 16:46
SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus Nov 30, 2016

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem regarding Studio package files coming from a customer. I deleted all prior files to make sure nothing was in process but I still get the same error message and I'm unable to open the package. I'm using the free-lance version but it should not make any difference. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Laurence

[Edited at 2016-12-01 11:30 GMT]

LaurenceL
Local time: 16:46
Solution for package opening issues in Studio Dec 1, 2016

Hi,

This seems to be a bug in Studio.

The following solution worked for me but you need to move the old settings folder to a different location. Renaming it and leaving it at the same place did not work.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Resetting-SDL-Trados-Studio-to-default-settings-to-resolve-errors-when-opening-a-file-or-package

I hope it helps.

Laurence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus'

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search