SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus'
Thread poster: Katia Sakoschek

Katia Sakoschek  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:20
Member (2015)
English to French
Sep 12, 2016

Hello,

Since I have installed SDL Trados studio 2015 on a second computer, I get an error message once in a while when I try to open an sdlXliff file :

"le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier 'C: (...) sdlxliff' car il est en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus". ("The process cannot access file 'C: (...) sdlxliff' as it is being used by another process")

If a try again a few seconds later, it usually then opens normally. The same error message appears once in a while, while I am working on the document and the automatic saving runs. Then if I try to save manually a few seconds later, it usually saves the document normally.

I have the same problem when I try to open an SDL Package received from a client, but worse, as it appears each and every time I try, and I cannot open any package.

I have tried to re-install SDL Trados Studio but the problem remains...

Would anybody have encountered the same problem and found a solution ? Many thanks for any help !

Have a nice day

[Modifié le 2016-09-12 14:47 GMT]

LaurenceL
Local time: 01:20
SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus Nov 30, 2016

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem regarding Studio package files coming from a customer. I deleted all prior files to make sure nothing was in process but I still get the same error message and I'm unable to open the package. I'm using the free-lance version but it should not make any difference. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Laurence

[Edited at 2016-12-01 11:30 GMT]

LaurenceL
Local time: 01:20
Solution for package opening issues in Studio Dec 1, 2016

Hi,

This seems to be a bug in Studio.

The following solution worked for me but you need to move the old settings folder to a different location. Renaming it and leaving it at the same place did not work.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Resetting-SDL-Trados-Studio-to-default-settings-to-resolve-errors-when-opening-a-file-or-package

I hope it helps.

Laurence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2015 error message : '...en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus'

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search