Best TM Match not inserted in target translation unit - Studio 2015
Thread poster: Maria Trepp

Maria Trepp  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:13
Member (2012)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 13, 2016

In Trados Studio 2015 the best matches from the TM are not inserted into the target translation unit although they are listed in the translations window above.
Thus I get 85 % matches automatically inserted while I see a 95 % match in the translations results window above!
I have chosen "Apply best match after successful lookup" in File -> Options -> Editor -> Automation so the best match available should be automatically inserted.
Thanks for help!

[Edited at 2016-09-13 18:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Concordance match? Sep 13, 2016

Maria Trepp wrote:

Thus I get 85 % matches automatically inserted while I see a 95 % match in the translations results window above!
I have chosen "Apply best match after successful lookup" in File -> Options -> Editor -> Automation so the best match available should be automatically inserted.

If an 85% match is inserted automatically and you see a 95% match above, it's likely that the 95% result comes from automatic concordance look-up, not a TM match. Look in the bar immediately above the TM results window. If it says "concordance search", that confirms it.

Member (2012)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
autopropagate setting? Sep 13, 2016

Thanks for reply Emma, but it is the translation result window. But maybe the reason was my autopropagate setting, which was set at 70%?

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:13
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Odd too Nov 10, 2016

I have 4 results in my automatic concordance (CC) lookup ranging from 65% to 84% and nothing was showing in the translation results (TR) pane except for the Language Cloud result. I changed the "search" value (project as well as global) under All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Search from 70 to 60 for both Translation and Concordance, checked all three boxes Search for fuzzy match even..., Search both project & main.... and Look up segments in MT even if.... and then the TR pane repopulates with one 62% match. Why is this percentage different than the CC matches above? Why is not the higher 84% match showing up?

I was actually surprised by Emma's distinction between CC lookup and TM match, because I always (vaguely) assumed they were the same - at least when you have automatic CC lookup enabled while translating, so I am missing something?

PS: One thing I am assuming is that these values get reset to 70 following a software update? I usually have to lower them to 60 in order to get any results in the TR pane.

[Edited at 2016-11-10 22:16 GMT]

Member (2012)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No idea.. Nov 10, 2016

Good question, I have really no idea why this is so... I hope one of the experts can anser this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best TM Match not inserted in target translation unit - Studio 2015

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search