Multiterm 5.5 not recognizing terms
Thread poster: Sonya Gerisch

Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:10
Member (2004)
German to English
Mar 22, 2005

Hello,
I am using Workbench 6.5.1.406 and I am trying to use a Multiterm termbase for version 5.5.0.244. Multiterm is not recognizing terms in the Word (Word 2003 11.6359.6360; XP operating system) document for translation. I have created the fuzzy index, made sure the term recognition option is selected on Workbench, and selected Multiterm 5.5 as the terminology provider.
Any other ideas? I can do a manual search for a term, but there is no automatic recognition. One technical help person suggested trying an older version of Multiterm, but it is working on my colleague's system with 5.5 (she does have and older version of Workbench also however). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have already had to start paying someone else to do my job until I can figure this out.
If I can get the Termbase converted to Multiterm IX format (latest version and build just downloaded yesterday), would that work? Even if it would, I would sure like to get this sorted out for the next 5.5 Multiterm I have to work with.
Thank you,

Update from a few hours after the original post: I just wanted to let you know that the Multiterm issue is now fixed after several hours of trying different things and thanks to my husband who spent the time figuring it out.

He downloaded a new version (6.5.5.438) and a specific patch to upgrade to build 439 found on the Trados website (also not an easy task since their website is so difficult to navigate with the hundreds of different builds and patches). The term recognition function is now working.

[Edited at 2005-03-23 05:18]

Direct link Reply with quote

Andreia Silva  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Me too... Mar 23, 2005

It happens with me too.
I hope someone can help us.
Thanks

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:10
English to German
+ ...
Try upgrading the version Mar 23, 2005

Hi Sonya,
I'm not sure if this is the core of the problem, but build 406 had several problems, which were resolved initially with 6.5.2.417 (which was subsequently replaced by 6.5.5.438/439).

Check the Trados KB for details.

Best regards,
Ralf

Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Almost the same problem Mar 24, 2005

I am facing the same problem. After installing word 3000 on my XP professional windows MultiTerm has acquired its own mind. At the beginning of the project it recognizes a few terms, then it stops recognizing till the end of the project.

I am using Trados 6.5 with MultiTerm 6.2.0.267.

In order to upgrade to the latest Trados software, do I have to upgrade step by step (i.e. 6.5.1, 6.5.2, 6.5.3, 6.5.4. and 6.5.5) or can I go to the latest upgrade directly?

Would the same apply to the MultTerm?

I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Sami

Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade can be done almost all at once Mar 24, 2005

Hello,
When my husband did it, he was able to upgrade all at once to 6.5.5.438; then there was a patch for build 439 that had to be done separately.

Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you Sonya Mar 25, 2005

Thank you Sonya,

I'll do the same.

Kind regards,

Sami

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 5.5 not recognizing terms

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search