Carmen Grabs
Germany
Local time: 13:42
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 23, 2016

Dear all,

I have recently had the problem that I cannot add my exiting TM to a client's project.

I get this message:

Das translation memory "xxx" wird für die folgenden Sprachpaare nicht verwendet.
English (United Kingdom) --> German (Germany)
Bearbeiten Sie die Liste der Translation Memory für diese Sprachpaare auf der Ebene der individuellen Sprachpaare.

In English: The translation memory "xxx" is not being used for the following language pairs.
English (United Kingdom) --> German (Germany)
Please edit the list of the translation memory for these language pairs on the level of the individual language pairs.

What should I do?

I really need to use my existing TM for this project.
I work with Trados Studio 2015.

Any suggestions would be great.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:42
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
All Language Pairs vs Specific Language Pair Sep 23, 2016

Try adding your TM under the specific language pair instead of under All Language Pairs. In my EN-ES set-up, it looks like this:

2016-09-23_095343

Best,

Nora Díaz

Carmen Grabs
Germany
Local time: 13:42
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!!! Sep 23, 2016

Thank you very much, Nora, you are a star! That was easier than I thought. And I have been fighting with this issue for over a year now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot add my existing TM to a project

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search