https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/307115-problem_with_trados_studio_2009_and_licence_file.html

Problem with Trados studio 2009 and licence file
Thread poster: PROF.CHIARA
PROF.CHIARA
PROF.CHIARA
Local time: 16:52
French to Italian
+ ...
Oct 1, 2016

Hi guys! hope you can help me! I have a job to perform so I hope for a fast reply. this is the problem. I'ver changed my pc re-install the Trados program downloading again the licence file, but when I open the file it appers a windows in wich you have to choose if buy a licences, get her online or downolad from your pc. BEcause I've the licence file I select it and the programm says that it's ok, but when then appears a window telling "you should have a valid licence to run SDL Trados 2009"... See more
Hi guys! hope you can help me! I have a job to perform so I hope for a fast reply. this is the problem. I'ver changed my pc re-install the Trados program downloading again the licence file, but when I open the file it appers a windows in wich you have to choose if buy a licences, get her online or downolad from your pc. BEcause I've the licence file I select it and the programm says that it's ok, but when then appears a window telling "you should have a valid licence to run SDL Trados 2009"
What can I do? and why?
thanks for your support
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:52
French to German
+ ...
There is no such thing as a license fiel Oct 1, 2016

PROF.CHIARA wrote:

.... I'ver changed my pc re-install the Trados program downloading again the licence file, but when I open the file it appers a windows in wich you have to choose if buy a licences, get her online or downolad from your pc. BEcause I've the licence file I select it and the program says that it's ok, but when then appears a window telling "you should have a valid licence to run SDL Trados 2009"

Hi I don't know what you mean by "license file" because there is no such thing as a license file for Studio. The activation happens online and if you transfer Studio from one PC to another, you need first to return the license on the "old" PC (you do this from within Studio under "Help - Product Activation" by clicking "Deactivate"). This frees your license so that you can use it again to activate the installation on the "new" PC.
If you don't return your license, you will not be able to activate again because the license is still in use.

So, I suggest that you return your license on the old PC. If you can't do this anymore, because you uninstalled Studio or because the PC has already been wiped or you don't have no access to it anymore, then you should be able to return the license from within your SDL user account under "Licenses" using the self-service deactivation (this works only for versions up to Studio 2014, but if I understand you well, you still have Studio 2009).

If this doesn't work, then you need to ask SDL to reset your license. You can do this by going to support.xl8.one and filling out the form.

Walter

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:52
English to Arabic
Problem with Trados studio 2009 and licence file Oct 3, 2016

Hi Chiara,

Are you still having issues with the license?
Unfortunately I have been unable to locate either a valid license or account under your name or contact details.
If you can provide the 6 digit order number, that would be great as we cam help you then ASAP.

Kr
SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados studio 2009 and licence file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »