I have sdlxliff files from an ongoing project, How can I make TM to use with remaining files?
Thread poster: A.K Janjelo

A.K Janjelo
Lebanon
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello,

I have a project of 7 sdlxliff files, and I am using SDL Trados Studio 2015.

I finished 5 already, I want to use those sdlxliff files to make a Translation memory so I can use it with the remaining 2.

I want to be able with the remaining two files to have the repetitions/perfect matches applied to save time and effort.

So, I guess I need to build a TM and extract translation/repetitions/perfect matches from the first sdlxliff files?

The answer is appreciated with clear steps.

AK

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:42
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
A few suggestions Oct 4, 2016

When you translate sdlxliffs, you should always have at least 1 translation memory assigned to the project that is set to be "updated" as you go. You don't really "build" the tm; it builds itself while you are translating. You just have to create a tm and then make sure that the tm is assigned to your file or project. Think of the tm as the database with source and target segments, while your sldxliffs are just the files for the specific job that you will send back to the client.

If you already translated 5 sdlxliffs without a tm, you can still create a new tm and add that to your project (under project settings; the button in the upper left: https://filkin.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/editor.jpg

You will just have to "confirm" all segments of your sdlxliffs to the tm by using ctrl + enter segment by segment, or use the suggestion here to confirm them all at once: https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/23/changing-segment-statuses-studio-short/

See if the steps in this post by Emma Goldsmith help you:
https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

[Edited at 2016-10-04 01:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have sdlxliff files from an ongoing project, How can I make TM to use with remaining files?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search