create a vocal commande in Dragon naturally speaking to go to the next segment.
Thread poster: LouisR

LouisR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:46
English to French
Oct 4, 2016

Hey everybody

I am using dragon naturally speaking with trados, and dns opens the Dictation Box in each segment, which is fine, but I would like to create a vocal command to "transfer text" and "go to the next segment". Can you help me do this ?

Thanks

SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
Studio and Dragon Oct 4, 2016

Dear Louis

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/speech-to-text/f/158/t/5347
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
sure it is possible Oct 6, 2016

Hello Loius R,

sure it is possible. It depends on what version of Dragon you have.

If you have Dragon 14 or more ( that is Dragon Professional individual) you can set up direct voice commands, called step-by step commands.
You have to go in the dragon bar and click on Tools, then Command Browser or Add New Command.

As a next step, you have to tell the program if the new command has to be applied to all the programs or only to Trados;
you have to choose Trados ( preferably) and then, going down within the screen, set up the new command, for example "confirm segment" and choose "step-by step".
Then you have to insert the short-cut Trados needs to recognize clicking on it.
I have inserted Control+enter.
In this way when I say in Trados " confirm segment" , Trados automatically confirm the segment and you can start to translate the other one.
You can add then other commands.
Hoping this can help.
Please note that you cannot insert step-by step command with DNS 13 or less.

Regards.

Piero

LouisR  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
dns 13 Oct 7, 2016

thanks for your replies

grrr I have DNS 13 ! So it seems I should update it first !

But I remember I made a command in DNS 11 to jumb to the next segment (the same as you Piero), how come I can't do this in 13 anymore.

[Edited at 2016-10-07 13:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-07 13:45 GMT]

Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
a step by step command Oct 7, 2016

Hello!

yes, I also have DNS 13 and, for what is my knowledge, I can only insert "text and graphic" command. ( see image).

I made a free trial with DNS Professional Individual and there is the fantastic option to insert also "step by step" command, with which you can for example tell Trados to confirm segment and go to the next one. I was obliged to give up it because it supports only one language, English.
I believe but I'm not sure that DNS 14 allows us to do the same, so to insert step-by step command. I was evaluating to update to it...

If you know, as it seems, another way to confirm segment in Trados, even with DNS 11, please tell me (us)!!!

Regards.

Piero

txibbwaagvvdqwapmwvw.png

Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
new way Oct 7, 2016

Hello Louisr,
I think I have found a new way to insert step-by-step commands also into DNS 13, which is the version we both own.

I have considered the fact that DNS can recognize the various short-cuts set up (by default or not) in Trados.

So i have tried to dictate by voice a series of commands; it works, it is very simple.

----CONFIRM SEGMENT= confirm segment and move to the next segment

In trados, it is set up ( I think by default) with Control+enter.

I have changed it because ( by voice ) it can be confused in Italian with other commands; so I have set up F1.

So, when I say "digita F1" in Italian or "click on F1" in English, the system accepts exactly that command, confirming and moving to the next segment. In the same way, i have set up other commands such as Preview and Apply translation.

Probably it is the same procedure you used in DNS 11!!

Never mind, but it works very well.

Let me know if you will try it.

Regards.

Piero

First, I have set

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:46
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Knowbrainer add-on Oct 8, 2016

If you're not ready to upgrade to Dragon 14 (or 15 if it's already available in your language) but want to be able to create your own commands, you can buy the KnowBrainer add-on for Dragon. While you can't create step-by-step commands in KnowBrainer, you can use the more powerful Advanced Scripting option, which is the most sophisticated of Dragon's 4 custom command options.

Here's a link that may give you some ideas:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2016/04/a-beginners-guide-to-creating-custom.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

create a vocal commande in Dragon naturally speaking to go to the next segment.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search