SDL Studio 2015 can't see file in package
Thread poster: John Fossey

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:52
Member (2008)
French to English
Oct 4, 2016

I have been sent a package from a client and Studio imports the package file normally. "View project files" behaves normally and shows the file in the package. However, clicking "Open for translation" then fails with the error: "Failed to open {filename}.docx.sdlxliff". "Unexpected error when detecting file type for file: {path to file}", "Could not find file: {path to file}" and "The file at location {path to file} does not exist!".

However, when I manually unzip the package file, the file is definitely there. I could translate the manually extracted sdlxliff file, but then I won't be able to create a return package.

Does anyone know how to fix this. It's my first job with SDL Studio 2015, just upgraded from 2011, and I never had this problem with 2011 or this client.

[Edited at 2016-10-04 18:46 GMT]

Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? Oct 5, 2016

No one has a clue? Studio 2015 is useless to me if it can't open packages.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:52
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
SDL Studio 2015 can't see file in package Oct 5, 2016

Hi John,

Did you receive the package via email or via the cloud?
I would suggest re-saving this package again to your normal translation folder on your C:\ drive than opening from Studio (not clicking on the package itself to open.
If this fails are you able to send me the package (no NDA's etc)?

Or alternatively ask in our free SDL community http://xl8.one

Kr

SDL Steve

Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I did Oct 5, 2016

The package is downloaded in a zip folder from the client's vendor portal and saved to the C: drive. Then I start studio and use the Open Package function. I've been doing this for this same client, one of the largest agencies in the world, for many years. The problem only has started after upgrading from 2011 to 2015.

Unfortunately, it is covered by an NDA.

I have extracted the SDLXLIFF by unzipping the package and am now translating it directly.

I see SDL Studio 2011 remains on my computer, so when I am finished the job I will try reactivating it to create the return package.

[Edited at 2016-10-05 13:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2015 can't see file in package

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search