Why weren't local variants of Chinese displayed when I created a project in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2016

I created a project for translation from Swedish into American English and Hong Kong traditional Chinese. However, I would like to have added Singaporean simplified Chinese also as the third target language, but I was only able to select between Hong Kong/Macau Chinese and Taiwanese Chinese as local variants of Chinese (no other variant of Chinese was displayed in the drop-down list during project creation).

I've never had this problem before, all variants of a language have always been displayed.

For English for example, all the different variants were displayed as for Swedish.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why weren't local variants of Chinese displayed when I created a project in Studio 2014?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search