In SDL Trados Studio 2014, how do I switch between my two target languages?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2016

I am translating a project now from Swedish into American English and Hong Kong traditional Chinese, but now only Chinese is active in the translation window. How can I switch this to American English? I tried clicking on the language flag, but nothing happened.

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 21:25
Target languages Oct 6, 2016

If you are using a freelance license, you are NOT able to create a project with multiple languages- i.e translate from more than one language or into more than one language at any time.
Individual projects are only bilingual.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:25
French to German
+ ...
Sorry, but this is not true ... Oct 6, 2016

SDL_Guillaume wrote:

If you are using a freelance license, you are NOT able to create a project with multiple languages- i.e translate from more than one language or into more than one language at any time.
Individual projects are only bilingual.

Kind regards,
Guillaume

Bonjour Guillaume

Sorry to correct you, but this is not true. The Freelance version can create projects in the same way as the Professional version, what it cannot is "create project packages".

:
... translate from more than one language ......

This is not possible anyway, regardless of the editor one uses. A Studio project always has only one source language.

Walter

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:25
French to German
+ ...
Got to the "Files" view Oct 6, 2016

Hi Fredrik

Go to the "Files" view and in the left pane you will see a drop-down field on top, in which you can switch between the source language and the target languages.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In SDL Trados Studio 2014, how do I switch between my two target languages?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search